Nuke @ the Range: A First

DoneNOut

Parted together this American Rifle Company (ARC) Nucleus rig: 308 Winchestershire!
Edited to add:

ARC:
Nucleus action
Xylo chassis
M-Brace scope rings
Heat shield/overhand placement spot
Spiggot bipod rail. ARCA/Picatinny

Others:

Area 419 Hellfire muzzle brake
Area 419 ARCA rail bag holder/Armageddon Gear rail bag
Armageddon gear "Half Pint" bag, I use for a rear bag
Atlas Super CAL bipod w/ski feet
Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR3 EQL tree reticle
Savage factory 1-10T 20" tactical barrel/Aero Precision barrel nut.

Wanted the bipod and bag modular for options on front rest. Working out pretty good I think.

thumbnail_image0 (9).jpg

thumbnail_image3 (4).jpg

thumbnail_image6 (1).jpg

Pairs of 5 shot groups. I learned to dial off the red square so I don't loose my aiming point!
thumbnail_image1 (6).jpg
thumbnail_image2 (5).jpg

Not terrible I think for a Savage factory take off barrel from NSS.

Last edited:
Grip looked little like a birds head grip on colt single action. How does it feel shooting.
It is very comfortable and doesn't allow me to milk the grip. This style of grip puts your thumb on top and pointed towards the muzzle, rather than wrap over. The controls of the stock are incredible. I will need an extended cheek piece to give more rest to the rear since I don't have much of a neck. Lol.

It is very comfortable and doesn't allow me to milk the grip. This style of grip puts your thumb on top and pointed towards the muzzle, rather than wrap over. The controls of the stock are incredible. I will need an extended cheek piece to give more rest to the rear since I don't have much of a neck. Lol.
I like it very much. cool looking piece.

I like it very much. cool looking piece.
Thanks, I'm contemplating another Xylo chassis for the 243AI. Uniformity and familiarity sake. This American Rifle Company is really impressive. Grassroots communication with customer base, and innovative design. This action is the smoothest and most positive feeding bolt gun I've owned.

ARC is top of my list of favorites. I'm really waiting for a LH ARC Coup, I understand that might be a while. Great looking shooter you got there, I've been eyeing the Xylo for quite some time now.

t

The Xylo is great, I have an Archimedes long action in mine with a 30" barrel.

Where can I find that spigot adapter? I want to get my bipod out a bit closer to my muzzle.

By the way, it's a tight fit but if I remove the butt (it only requires loosening one screw) and muzzle device, I can fit the whole rifle in an SKB 4909 case. I made a custom Kaizen foam interior for it (kept the egg-crate in the lid) and it's really nice even though that's about the cheapest good case option. It would be better with wheels but it does have good latches that work easily, unlike Harbor Freight cases and other poor copycat Pelicans.

You definitely have been busy lately. Trying different things and seeing what works. Keep it up and keep us posted.
It's been the result of the goal to standardize my equipment. First I needed to demo some equipment. I got 1000ct 168 Amaxes enroute for the Nuke. She love them!

thumbnail_image0 (11).jpg

Soon to be long range steel impact vids from my new camera system.