First long range test with the 338 Allen Mag....

Jim,

Those pics were taken when I got back home from shooting. I only took video at the range. My wife would have given me quite a sour look if I was testing the 338 AM off her deck!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Eaglet,

Read your link and will send letters today. Thanks for the link.

I think we should kick every last one of those UN members out of the country, talk about illegal aliens!!!

Thanks for the link.

Kirby Allen(50)

7mmRHB,

I am sure the gong will be put to good use at 2000 yards. Well, it will at least hang there well at 2000 yards. If I can make it ring is yet to be seen!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree, more then a nice gesture by Uncle B.

Kirby Allen(50)

JD338,

I will get some more pics with the new 9-36x 56mm IOR mounted up hopefully this weekend. As far as video, I do not have a clue how to get this on the web. The initial video is not that good anyway, got a little carried away with the digital zoom and things are pretty blurry.

Will get some more video soon with better quality.

Kirby Allen(50)

Wildcat,

If your receiver is that large it should handle that barrel diameter but I would probably still go with a 1.350" barrel diameter personally.

Kirby Allen(50)

50 what are you using to trim your cases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Crow Mag

[ QUOTE ]
and as long as you dont pull a goodgrouper (100yds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I resemble that!
Who knew I bought three lots of depleted uranium bullets disguised as Lapua Scenars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, you will really like the gong Kirby and it will increase your shooting enjoyment very much. Congrats on the successfulness of your rifle! Wish I'd been reading this thread all along but had to take a break from the computer and the "B.B.'s" rolling around my head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Crow mag,

Working on a good solution to that as we speak. Will let you know when I find one. The ammo used in the range test were not trimmed!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Fifty,

I use a Forester case trimmer, set it up for the long shells, i made a collet to hold the 408 case head, remove the stop from the cutter end so you can pull it out while putting in a case, works great!

Dave

Fiftydriver,
UPS says that you should have a gong to shoot at 2000yds,cant wait until you post pic's of your weekend adventure !!!!!!!! have fun
UB

Uncle B you should have hung the gong at the range ,give Kirby the GPS coordinates, and let him shoot that sucker from Montana. We could ride out once a week and take pictures of the group and repaint the steel. Kirby could check out his groups after they were posted on LRH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Uncle B,

IT showed up yesterday. How did you ship the plate? It showed up bare with just my address and the UPS bar code taped to the plate. I was suprised they would ship it that way but it made it.

I had a set back with the scope situation this weekend. I got in that big IOR 9-36x 56mm from Don at Long Range Supply but the scope came with a set of High 35mm rings. Set them up on the 338 AM, just hand tight and they are way to high. About 0.600" of clearance between the sunshade and barrel.

Val at IOR agreed to exchange the rings but only if they were never mounted on a rifle so yesterday I packed them up and mailed them back for a set of shorter rings.

I could put the NF back on and see what happens at long range but I also figured I better get that barrel pulled and matte finished and sent down to Shawn to get teflon coated or I will probably never get it done. SO while I am waiting on the rings to return I will try to get that finally finished and little ol "Black Sunshine" will be finished and ready for serious testing.

Thanks for the gong, we will work something out with your current in shop project as far as settling up what I owe you.

Is she 50 cal safe? I assume it would be at long range. Just got word that my 50 cal barrel shipped from Dan and will be here Monday, that means the 510 AM will be here soon!!!! Better get the AR-50 pulled down!!!

To many projects!!!

Thanks again, we will settle up with your projects.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.