Len's new 7 LRM - first day at the range

I have to ask the 7 LRM what case is that based on, at first I was the 338 Lapau, but that isn't much powder for that case so must be the 375 Ruger?

I think it is funny, the nature of people whe get into LR shooting and always want to tinker with something that OBVIOUSLY works. Not complaining, but I can see being satisified with 1.3moa at 600 yards "as-is".

Len, I hope when you get us pics of that gun it is laying up against something horned.

Once you get bored with this particular unit and are ready to move on I will be happy to pay a reasonable price for a "used" gun :D

I think it is funny, the nature of people whe get into LR shooting and always want to tinker with something that OBVIOUSLY works. Not complaining, but I can see being satisified with 1.3moa at 600 yards "as-is".

Len, I hope when you get us pics of that gun it is laying up against something horned.

Once you get bored with this particular unit and are ready to move on I will be happy to pay a reasonable price for a "used" gun :D

I wouldn't like a 1.3 moa group at 600 yds myself now a 1.3" group .21 moa I'd love. Just messing with ya I knew what you meant....lol

Nathan

Gotta love the 7LRM. I can't imagine being more satisfied with the customer service and work performd by Gunwerks, let alone what the chambering does.

Gotta love the 7LRM. I can't imagine being more satisfied with the customer service and work performd by Gunwerks, let alone what the chambering does.

They do great work.

They didn't build this one.

My company did. :):):)

Len, are you guys selling these yet? Did you choose this case design as it might have more upside, meaning powder capacity, as the heavier and heavier, higher bc 7mm bullets become available. It looks like the 7mm line with their high bc and now newer designs and weight are going to give hunters and such the downrange power of 30 cal. Just wondering about my thoughts I guess.

Len, I tried the Retumbo and the H1000 over the weekend in my 7mmLRM. From what I read, the Retumbo was going to produce more speed over the H1000 with the same powder charge. I wanted to deliver the 180 VLD's above 3000 fps. I loaded 5 rounds with 72 gns of Retumbo and 5 rounds with 72 gns of H1000. The Retumbo had an average muzzle velocity of 2985 with a 2994 High and a 2976 low. The H1000 had an average of 3028 with a 3040 high and a 3017 low. So i guess there is no real advantage of going with the Retumbo unless you look at the ES of 18 on the Retumbo and 23 with the H1000. I'm still testing both but the H1000 looks like it might be my powder for the 7mmLRM. Have you tried anything different from your original post?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.