Northeastern Guy - Thinking of booking my first guided hunt.

Got it, so let's say I'm willing to drive a good amount further than 12 hours, and bring meat home in a cooler or chest freezer running off a generator. Where do you folks suggest I go for a fun hunt?
A large cooler and some dry ice will be plenty to get you home. No need for a generator.
Anyone of the western states are fun to me.
$5000 guided will probably get you antelope or mule deer but not both. Eastern Wyoming would be my suggestion for these.

$5000, look for a land owner tag, your already a good hunter, just have them point you in the right direction, they will probably assist in getting your animal out
Also, I'm good at hunting northeastern hardwoods. I'm note sure how well that would transfer over to western hunting, spot and stalk etc.

A large cooler and some dry ice will be plenty to get you home. No need for a generator.
Anyone of the western states are fun to me.
$5000 guided will probably get you antelope or mule deer but not both. Eastern Wyoming would be my suggestion for these.
Thanks! I would be very interested in that. Do you have any suggestions on an outfitter, or how to find one?

I'm in Central MD, and my friend goes up to Nova Scotia to hunt moose. He flies up but has the meet shipped back and picks it up in a shipping terminal off of I-95 near Jessup, MD. It works well for him.

It's a good question. I'd like to try it too!

Thanks! I would be very interested in that. Do you have any suggestions on an outfitter, or how to find one?
I have no suggestions for a outfitter in that area but I'm sure someone else will help out. I suggested this area since you have no preference points and is fairly easy to draw a tag. Colorado has ranching for wildlife landowner tags which could be a good option.

Newfoundland Moose hunt.
Nephew just returned.
Takes a few days up and back to time the car ferry but well worth it.
Most camps run 90+%

Warning!! If you go out west you will never regret it!!
All your mind will turn to is "Now we are leaving NY!!"
Ask me how I know....
I think you are right. Newfoundland not Nova Scotia. In any event, it's better than West Baltimore!

I'm in Central MD, and my friend goes up to Nova Scotia to hunt moose. He flies up but has the meet shipped back and picks it up in a shipping terminal off of I-95 near Jessup, MD. It works well for him.

It's a good question. I'd like to try it too!
Wow, I would like to do a N. East Moose Hunt. That would check off one of my Bucket list adventures. 😯

The real problem is most outfitters are booking 2025 or later. A guided elk in CO will be easily likely $6000 or more. I would start visiting outdoor shows. There is the Springfield, MA show that will have lots of oufitters but granddaddy of them all is the Great American Show in Harrisburg, PA. This show is nuts! If you think you are going there, book a room NOW. Look at the outfitter lists for these shows, start researching what you want to hunt, where, when and possibly with whom. Research State guide license certifications for actual license and any complaints and resolutions. Complaints are not necessarily outfitters fault. Clients have responsibility as well and some don't want to shoulder their own failures.

The drive from upstate like Albany is not too bad. Plan on at least 12-16 hour day drives. One hack we have done is stay at KOA Kabins. You can reserve them so you have a destination for each night. Good security since you are parking next to Kabin and have good CLEAN shower facilities. Pairing up with 1-2 makes the trip easier and adds to the adventure and experience.

Lots of threads here on LRH for transporting meat. Lots of threads on physical prepping, altitude prep. Western trips from NY are road trips within themselves.

Another option is opposite direction to Newfoundland for combo moose, caribou and or even black bear. I have NY friends that do that instead.

12 hour driving not too bad with multiple drivers or across two days. For me I'd be looking at 20 hour drive to get to my Montana Elk hunt in November. I'm going to fly and try to bring home two 50lb insulated duffles with mostly frozen meat. I may have to pay extra baggage fee and I have already confirmed that my guide (family and friends) would accept donated meat that I cannot fly with. Another option if time permits is to return only with rifle and meat and send all other gear back home with UPS or similar. A third option is to drop off entire animal at the local butcher and they can process and ship to your home.

I'll join with the guys who recommended a Newfoundland moose hunt. It's more than 12hr but you'll break up it into 2 days anyway. The ferry is easy and you can sleep in a state room for 8hrs as it crosses over. Balance of the driving isn't too long depending on where the outfitter is located.

I've been there many times and every time it was a great adventure. I have taken 3 moose on the last 4 trips and the bear in my avatar was taken there on a moose trip. If you shoot a moose early in the week you can travel along the coast and eat local fare along the way.

Current cost is about $5,000 for 5 days of hunting with meals and lodging.

I'll join with the guys who recommended a Newfoundland moose hunt. It's more than 12hr but you'll break up it into 2 days anyway. The ferry is easy and you can sleep in a state room for 8hrs as it crosses over. Balance of the driving isn't too long depending on where the outfitter is located.

I've been there many times and every time it was a great adventure. I have taken 3 moose on the last 4 trips and the bear in my avatar was taken there on a moose trip. If you shoot a moose early in the week you can travel along the coast and eat local fare along the way.

Current cost is about $5,000 for 5 days of hunting with meals and lodging.
That sounds like a great hunt! I will definitely look into this. I am just a little over an hour from the Canadian border, so drive shouldn't be too bad.