Nightforce with 0.1 mil turret

maggragg

Hello

I think I´ll buy me an Nightforce NXS scope, but I was wondering if Nightforce offers a mil turret. I live in Iceland and here we use the metric system mostly and I´m more used to it, and also it´s much easyer to calculate in it.

On the Nightforce homepage there are no infos about a mil turret, but I feel like I have seen it on a Nightforce scope somwhere.

Is it right or does Nightforce only offer scopes with MOA turrets?

yes they do, but they will charge a bit extra for that.

I suggest you also choose a mil. based reticle.

And check out your final price until you get your scope in Iceland.- you may end up with a price similar to an SB PMII and I personally would go for the latter ´cause they come with a FFP reticle.

Okey, now the NXS 5.5-22X56 is costing about 2100 dollars here in iceland, so likely it will be expensiver to have the mil turret.

But of course I would have something like the MLR recticlei in that scope.

I think the best way is to actualy go to the US and buy the nightforce there...

The extra cost I think is under 200 US $, I´d say around 150-170.

For the NXS check with Bill Bailey here in the forum, he offers great prices and service.

What will you be using the scope for??

Thanks, I´m willing to pay that for mil turret

I´m planning of getting me an long range riffle, now I´m thinking of Tikka T3 Tactical in either 308 Win or 300 Win Mag
for long range shooting on paper up too 1000 m range.

Maybe one day hunting a reindeer, but thats the only "Big game" here in Iceland and the hunting license for one deer has the same price as one Nightforce scope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

And the only varmints here are the polar fox and marders...
So I think it will mostly be paper and some varmints.

Have you thought about a 6,5 cal.??? Tikka also makes a 6,5 x 55,.and Schultz LArsen makes rifles in 6,5-284.

Yes, have looked a little bit on that but I´m so big .30 fan, I know that 6,5 have great BC on the bullets, but I think heavy bullets are better for longer range like 1000m and that what i´m looking at.

But I haven't put the 6,5 into ballistic program to see the trajectoy...

Well my opinion is that if you areºtalking about terminal ballistics, of course the bullet mass is something to bear in mind.. but for long range BC is a very important thing.- not just less windage problems but also more retained energy.

If you are planning to shoot varmints, I would give the 6,5 a serious thought. You wont be able to go with a short action though unless you chamber for the 260 rem., but I would stick with a 6,5x55 or 6,5-284 in the 6,5 caliber. Any of these will beat a 308 at long range; the 300 win is different if you shoot high BC and therfore heavy bullets. Just run some numbers in a ballistics program and check... but the 300 win will come at the expense of much more recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.