turret and mil dot question

redneck watchdog

i have a Ziess 3-12x56 conquest with the reticle 8 sight and no target turet knobs. i would like to use it for long rang. is it possible to add turrets to this scope, and i prefer the mil dot sight is there any way to get that changed over or is that something that doesnt change.

There are companies that will make you custom reticles and custom turrets. You'll have to search online for them, but there are companies that make them. Whether they make them for your make and model of scope is something that you would have to ask them.

If your scope has a 1" tube you may not have enough elevation for long range (1,000 yds.) shooting. Also I read on one of the their web sites (Sworo? or Ziess?) only had two revolutions on their custom turrets which probably would not get you to 1,000 yds.

You may have to get a new scope with a 30 mm tube to get more elevation adjustment and if you do there are better reticles than mil-dot. IMHO the Vortex PST scopes have the best reticle on the market.

Click on any of the reticles and they will enlarge:

SWFA Vortex Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scopes

joseph

Contact Zeiss directly, they are a pleasure to work with and more reasonable then most in costs to make changes. You should have pleanty of adjustment in that set up to accomplish what you are looking for.

the latest thing i have found out. to get target turrets i will have to send my scope in to zeiss. and they will retrofit it, and put turrets on it for $50 per knob, plus $15 shipping and handling:cool:.

That is an absolute stea! Others are priced much higher and Zeiss turn around is quick. You recieved a fantastic answer I would be happy and do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.