Nightforce ATACR Scope Review

Thank You Jeff, for your help with this now I can work on the maths while I'm convalessing and the then I can go and get one, I have always used the Mil/Moa set up as this has always left me giving up on it because I tried to do it mixing the Mildot way and it just did not happen for me.

Thanks again Mate Take care, John

Thank you GreyFox, I was never sure if these could be used for ranging or what they related to, Also I have a retical in a set Of binoculars that I cant work out if they are Moa or something else they are not MilDots because they are in .2 incraments from .2 .4 .6 .8 1.0 1.2 etc so maybe they are this same system Thanks for your help.

Blessin;s John

At basically $2400 dollars its the best price in it's class by a $1000. Yes all this stuff has sticker shock associated with it.

I think there were a ton of improvements for a $400 upcharge over the NXS.

I'm very satisfied with mine and upgrading one of my NXS to another ATACR in the near future.

Broz,
Just got back from the smith, final fit of my new Mcmillan Lazzeroni Thumbhole. He can be a bit slow, but moving forward on my end. I see you're using the the Nightforce UL rings, my inclination is always steel, Nightforce advertises these as better than steel. At any rate I don't see 34mm steel rings catalogued. If you'd talk about the UL rings in this set up I'd appreciate it. I didn't see in the article which base you used here. When I get mine ordered it will be heavier than anything I've ever had mounted so I want to get it right. Glad I reread, we forgot room for the scope covers in our thinking. I'm not too worried about having to pick up MOA in the base for now. Apologies if this seems off subject of the scope specifically.

I also am extremely satisfied with mine as well!

Again, thanks Broz, it was your T&E that sent me to the ATACR rather than another NSX.

The 6 screw light weight NF rings are solid. Extreme Outer limits - Bob Beck, should have them. He supplied me with mine. Flatline Ops has a great level for 34mm tube which flips open for best view or on top in stored position also. Very nice unit. Ive had no problem with the ATACR, these NF rings and the APS 338 AM. The scope handled a high target test and a box test no problem. Harper, I believe you will be pleased with an ATACR and 6 screw NF lightweight rings.

Andy

Defensive Edge has the 6 screw rings as well. Plus Shawn just recently finished the 6 screw top cap with anti cant level built in. I just got one for my LRKM and ATACR from DE. Pretty cool, nice and compact.

Jeff

Broz,
Just got back from the smith, final fit of my new Mcmillan Lazzeroni Thumbhole. He can be a bit slow, but moving forward on my end. I see you're using the the Nightforce UL rings, my inclination is always steel, Nightforce advertises these as better than steel. At any rate I don't see 34mm steel rings catalogued. If you'd talk about the UL rings in this set up I'd appreciate it. I didn't see in the article which base you used here. When I get mine ordered it will be heavier than anything I've ever had mounted so I want to get it right. Glad I reread, we forgot room for the scope covers in our thinking. I'm not too worried about having to pick up MOA in the base for now. Apologies if this seems off subject of the scope specifically.

In the review, this is what NF sent me. I am not sure the 6 screw rings were available at that time. But the 4 screw UL rings are holding fine. I have since mounted two ATACR's with the new UL 6 screw rings on a few big boomers. I will recommend these for added insurance. Also the Top cap level that I talked bout in the prior post.

Jeff

Jeff, Yes you are correct, I was at Shawns place 2 days ago, picked up some supplies and he noted he now has the top level for 34mm tubes. I just happen to like the Flatline Ops level I used. My LRKM is coming with an ATACR also. Its always great to visit with Shawn and Bob, Great folks for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.