Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 Review

ADMIN

Administrator
I'd like to start out by saying that Nightforce Optics has done it again. The new ATACR 4-16x42 F1 front focal plane scope is an incredibly functional, well-designed, low-profile, compact scope, and the optical performance is outstanding. The quality and clarity of the scope at 16x magnification is amazing. It truly delivers!Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 Review, By Scott Shreve. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Hi Scott,
Based on some reading I did on SH, I know you spent some time with the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18x44 when they were first released. I realize there is about $1k difference between the ATACR and LRHS, but I would be interested to hear your thoughts on these two scopes and how they compare. Thanks.

Question to all here. I haven't compared side x side, but here is my story and i want to see if someone else has compared these to other glass.

Was on a wheat field w my 4-16 Vortex Viper PST FFPx50mm
As it got later in the evening i had to lower magnification to gather more light to be able to shoot. A few minutes later i did not have enough light to make out the silhouette of the deer. more than 10 minutes later a shot rang out from another field where a buddy was. He shoots this ATACR 4-16x42 F1 MOA

Is it really that much brighter a scope?

I understand that angle of the sun (setting) and if he was shooting towards brush or open field will affect shooting light, but i thought 10+ minutes was a long time...

thoughts?
SnT

Circle back and read Broz's article on the original ATACR. If I recall he had some pictures through the scope addressing end of day shooting.

I can say I've got the 4-16x F1, and the 5-25x SFP, and the glass is the best I've looked through.

I haven't looked through all those out there, but I sure haven't found cause to look farther.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.