Next Build 22 Cal.

22CM @ 20", 1.8TR, produces 3350FPS w/75 Hornadys.

Absolute Hammers are a different beast. Should get interesting with a 28" barrel and the right twist rate for this bullet with slightly larger case capacity. Stay tuned…
I'd like to see the crony results with a 55 grain hammer out that beast!!!

I'd like to see the crony results with a 55 grain hammer out that beast!!!
Gotta fine tune 75 Absolute Hunter for summer Prairie Dogs first. Hopefully drop some coyotes and hogs prior to that hunt. Then maybe I'll test 55's late summer.

Gonna be fun to see how accurate and fast I can run these considering Absolutes can run 200-400 FPS faster and the extended 8" barrel!!!

Prairie dogs are gonna "POP!"

264wm
Gotta fine tune 75 Absolute Hunter for summer Prairie Dogs first. Hopefully drop some coyotes and hogs prior to that hunt. Then maybe I'll test 55's late summer.

Gonna be fun to see how accurate and fast I can run these considering Absolutes can run 200-400 FPS faster and the extended 8" barrel!!!

Prairie dogs are gonna "POP!"
264wm does that too. Shot 1 under the chin and made it a hand puppet. It looked deflated.

I have a 22 creed that shoots 85.5 Bergers at 3300. I also have a 22-250 AI that I use to shoot varmint bullets. I shoot rl26 in the 22 creed with a 26 inch barrel, I wouldn't waste time on an AI creed case. I don't see a ton of performance improvement over the standard case.

We have a good friend that built a TIGHT chamber 22BR 1:7 shooting 85.5 Berger Hybrids and it is a one hole rifle. He shoots PRS and only loads to 3,100fps. Accuracy and still fairly flat. He is always in the top shooter at matches.
I am sure using a 22BR with heavies would still be good for hunting. He shot the CM , but liked the BR better.

What FPS?
Just over 3200. I am thinking for my next barrel do a 22 Dasher and shoot the 85.5 at 3100 ish.

Recent Posts