New to 308 Win, time is short, season on the way

Yes, and we have shot a lot of deer with 60 gr Nosler Partitions out of a .223. They work great for the average 125-150lb dressed deer.
But when a buck shows up that field dresses in the low 260's with a heavy winter coat on I would rather have some more punch. Deer this size are tough.
View attachment 501105View attachment 501106
Where do you hunt? I'm truly impressed 260 lbs field dressed would make that about 325 lbs live weight. I need to hunt there. I agree I would want a little more, IMO the 110 gr gives you that and the knowledge or DOPE instead of trying to learn it in less than 3 weeks after getting a handload worked out

Where do you hunt? I'm truly impressed 260 lbs field dressed would make that about 325 lbs live weight. I need to hunt there. I agree I would want a little more, IMO the 110 gr gives you that and the knowledge or DOPE instead of trying to learn it in less than 3 weeks after getting a handload worked out
We live and hunt in Northern MO. That was the biggest we have had on the scales. We are usually fortunate to get a 200-230 field dressed every year or two depending on how the hunting goes for myself and my 6 kids.
In reality we are probably looking at getting a round to use out to 300 this year. If lucky we might make to 400 but doubt it. To much work going on. I definitely wanted the advice of those knowledgable on the 308 before I just started down a path that probably wouldn't turn out well.
I have some 155 ELDMs so we are starting there, but I will probably order some 168 and 178s also for future development.

We live and hunt in Northern MO. That was the biggest we have had on the scales. We are usually fortunate to get a 200-230 field dressed every year or two depending on how the hunting goes for myself and my 6 kids.
In reality we are probably looking at getting a round to use out to 300 this year. If lucky we might make to 400 but doubt it. To much work going on. I definitely wanted the advice of those knowledgable on the 308 before I just started down a path that probably wouldn't turn out well.
I have some 155 ELDMs so we are starting there, but I will probably order some 168 and 178s also for future development.
This is what I shoot in mine 150 sst over 45.5 rl 15. 2.834 oal.

Or 150 sst over 43.5 8208 xbr 2.834 oal.

I hunt in southern Illinois with a bow, we average 250-275 on the hoof. When I hunt southern Georgia in the thick woods is where I use the 308. I use a 257 bee (flat and fast) shooting 100 gr Barnes tsx on fields