New Edge is on the way!

7mmSendaro

I got a call from Shawn Carlock last night that my new 338 Edge is it's way to Illinois! It is supposed to be here Friday if the Fed Ex guy doesn't change his mind between now and then. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

I am booked all weekend coaching baseball but I think I may have to call in sick one day next week..............................

Congratulations on your new EDGE, how long was the wait? Look forward to seeing the pics. Enjoy.

Fed-Ex site claims it is "out for delivery" so I should have it today.

It has been almost 7 months wait which I don't think is too bad.

I'll post pictures and specs soon.

Congratulations.
7 months isnt bad at all. I waited a year on mine - it was well worth the wait. You will not be disappointed. Shawn is a true craftsman.

Specs:

700 action
30" Hart fluted barrel 1:10
DE Muzzle brake
DE Bolt release
DE adjustable cheek piece
DE recoil lug
bolt fluted by DE
HS Precision Sendero stock
Jewel trigger @ 2lbs
Limbsaver recoil pad
Wyatt's extended magazine box
NF 20 MOA 1 piece base bedded to action by DE
NF rings
NF 5.5-22 x 56 NPR1
All metal parts coated with OD green Teflon
Stock coated black
DE level\cosine indicator

I got to shoot 10 rounds through it yesterday and it is un-believable! I shot 300 yard 3 shot group right at 1" with Shawn's standard load of 90 grains H1000 and a 300 grain SMK. Recoil is very mild although the muzzleblast cleared the nearby benches.......

I didn't have time to take any pictures, hopefully tonight.

Last edited:
Just updated the componennt list as I forgot a couple things. I now have photos but the site I use is having issues and I can't upload............

Taking the day off tomorrow to do some more thorough testing. I only have a 300 yard range locally but can still have some fun with it.

Finally got everything working at the same time:

DSCF3682_0153_Medium_.JPG

DSCF3698_0169_Medium_.JPG

DSCF3706_0177_Medium_.JPG

7mmSendaro, Just curious, I'm using a BAT M action w/20moa base topped with NF 12-42 x56mm w/NF ultralite 1" rings for a build and wondering since measurements wise we're probably similar...what height rings you used and how much clearence between your scope and barrel. My barrel is Kreiger 31" 1.250 for 5" then tapers to .900.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.