New Edge is on the way!

Very nice rifle and the muliey in the back ground sets it off even more :)

Let us know how easy load development works out for you. I've read that the .338 Edge is easy to load for .

Thanks
bigbuck

7mmSendaro, Just curious, I'm using a BAT M action w/20moa base topped with NF 12-42 x56mm w/NF ultralite 1" rings for a build and wondering since measurements wise we're probably similar...what height rings you used and how much clearence between your scope and barrel. My barrel is Kreiger 31" 1.250 for 5" then tapers to .900.

I just went with Shawn's recommendation, I'll have to go back to my notes but I think they were the NF "medium" height.

Looking forward to seeing it in action...........only 2 months away!!!

I really like the way the Muley turned out......looks great.

Sweet Rifle!!.................One Question, are you planning on adjusting the trigger down to 1 lb, or better yet 10 oz? I don't think I can shoot a 2 lb trigger!..........LOL.

Looking forward to seeing it in action...........only 2 months away!!!

I really like the way the Muley turned out......looks great.

Sweet Rifle!!.................One Question, are you planning on adjusting the trigger down to 1 lb, or better yet 10 oz? I don't think I can shoot a 2 lb trigger!..........LOL.

I'm sure we can work something out. We wouldn't want to disappoint those whitetail does............................:D

I think 7mmSendaro made a good call by setting trigger pull at 2 lbs as it looks like it's intended purpose is hunting...doesn't look too much like a BR rig to me so IMHO anything less than 1.5 lbs is set too light.

I think 7mmSendaro made a good call by setting trigger pull at 2 lbs as it looks like it's intended purpose is hunting...doesn't look too much like a BR rig to me so IMHO anything less than 1.5 lbs is set too light.

I know this is a hot debate, and most people agree with you. If I was setting up a gun for average hunters, I wouldn't set it any lighter than 2 lbs either, at least untill they had gotten used to that.

This gun is quite a bit heavier than it looks. I don't believe he plans on packing it very far. In fact we may be shooting it off the bench, because I've got a portable one and we may have to get "above the grass". If not off the bench, it will probably be prone off a bipod and bags I am quite sure........ambush style of hunting.

For the average hunter, less than 2 lbs probably is too light, but I've shot Thousands of rounds through a few different rifles that have 10 oz to 1 lb trigger pulls........For coyote hunting, prarie dog shooting, bench shooting, and yes, even deer and antelope hunting. Been using nothing but good light triggers for the past 20 years.

Trick is, get used to such a light trigger by alot of bench or prone shooting first. Then follow the basic rule of gun safety........Dont touch the trigger until you're ready to shoot!! If wearing gloves, I wouldn't want such light triggers, but I've gotten into the habbit of removing my trigger finger glove before getting ready to shoot, even dead of winter when calling coyotes.

Brian, Really I was kidding............two lbs is fine, because we'll have a very steady rest........You know how I roll. LoL.

Last edited:
Shane,

No worries bud, I DO know how you roll!

I've gotta get my trigger gage on it to find out where it is really set. It sure feels lighter than two pounds the way it breaks.

You can just go ahead and set that bench up, let 'em get used to it!!gun)

Yea Bud,

I know what you mean, aren't those Jewel Triggers soooo Sweet!!

I can't imagine not having one now. I've tried Timneys and Rifle Basics and tuned remingtons, but haven't found anything that will beat the big J.

Hey, on another note.........Do you have any pics posted on this site of the first big muley you got out here? I don't think I've ever seen that mount.?

Less than 2 months now!!

Yea Bud,

I know what you mean, aren't those Jewel Triggers soooo Sweet!!

I can't imagine not having one now. I've tried Timneys and Rifle Basics and tuned remingtons, but haven't found anything that will beat the big J.

Hey, on another note.........Do you have any pics posted on this site of the first big muley you got out here? I don't think I've ever seen that mount.?

Less than 2 months now!!

I'll have to look around but I don't think so. I'll remedy that situation soon! Counting the days now............gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.