New Rifle?

Don't forget to check out the Remington 700 5R Milsepc GenII in 6.5 CM... I'm telling you, other than the trigger, that rifle will be nearly unmatched in accuracy. It's also threaded for a brake or suppressor. And it has the heavy 24" barrel for hte extra weight you were looking for.

New Rifle?

That is one Cabela's didn't have! I forgot about that one. I will look up review/youttube tonight!

Update:
So the original reason for looking at a new rifle: my mark V accumark in 300 weatherby magnum has been having some zeroing issues. This was the very first rifle I have ever purchased for my very first elk hunt. The rifle was purchased (June 1st) for the sole purpose of my elk hunt out west this fall. If not for that trip, I would have started with the 6.5 CM. Anyway, sent the rifle in to Weatherby to have it checked. They have had it 2-3 weeks now and according to them the rifle "has nothing wrong with it" so they suggested I use new rings/mounts and scope. It should be back in my hands next week. I will have to mount my new scope (scope number 3 for this rifle as the previous 2 have run out of adjustment) and new rings/mounts (second set) to see if it can zero. Anyway... back to the back-up rifle!

Went to Cabela's today, none of the rifles are listed "in Stock" online, but I needed to go there for new scope mounts anyway! All brands listed through this thread were actually in stock! I Left with a lot of impressions haha

Seekins Precision PH1: really nice rifle with very smooth action. If looks mattered, not the biggest fan (personally). I tend to like the traditional stocks or monte carlo stocks and not the pistol grip type. But the rifle was awesome in the hands. The bolt lift was really high-- might interfere with a scope, might not! the helical flutes were deep and wide and gave it a really high end look IMO.

X bolt pro (not long range): nothing bad to say about it. Weight was good, bolt was smooth, all stainless parts with cerakote. Very nice rifle and many of you fine folks have left comments sounding like you cannot go wrong with a browning. Definitely a hunting rifle. The LR version has a heavier barrel which is what I prefer.

Fierce Fury: See xbolt pro comments, but maybe a touch nicer than the x bolt pro, but the barrel is definitely a smaller profile. Bolt was so smooth. Such a tight fit/tolerance and came with a target showing how the rifle shot! Sub .5 MOA guaranteed!! It is $250 more than the browning/bergara though and I am not convinced either rifle with the heavier barrel and a little load development can't at least match the fury. Both seem capable out to 1000 yards.

Bergara: HMR (not the premier series). The action was surprisingly smooth, this rifle is the only one that I looked at that wasn't the top of the line version of the respective manufacturers. And I was very impressed. I would imagine the premier series would be much better! I was really impressed with Bergara!

All 4 rifle's actions were like glass and so smooth i could not discern a difference. So I opened the bolt and tried to wiggle the bolt body a little. The fierce had the least amount of creep. All were just nearly perfect though (Maybe I am weird, but I love running a bolt action-- the Auditory and tactile feedback are quite satisfying).

If the mark v that I currently own will not zero, it sounds like I might have to cut my losses (at least $1000+). If that is the case, (I will never buy another weatherby product) but I might make the switch from 6.5 CM to 7mm mag or 300 WM instead of the CM. Unless the CM is "enough" for elk hunting out to 400-500 yards?

If I had to choose today, It would be a tough choice between the X bolt pro LR and the Bergara in 6.5 CM. I like the heavier profile barrels for increase shot accuracy in long range and for successive shots. If the Weatherby goes, I am leaning towards the x bolt pro LR in a larger caliber.

I don't mean to change the thread topic-- if this post walks that line, let me know and I can delete this comment and start a new topic. You all have been really awesome on here! It's nice to have some differing opinions and experiences!

Here's my vote. Xbolt in 6.5C with a VX6 3-18x50
748BE246-E41B-4893-B761-52ACCA0283E8.jpeg
CDC40BEE-C58C-4605-A433-2C7C4210353C.jpeg

Bergara followed by the Browning. Haven't shot the redesigned Weatherby yet. I wouldn't touch Remington. Just went bankrupt and left investors/suppliers on the hook for $875 million. If that's how they run a business, I don't expect their weapons to be of superior quality. Why buy a thousand dollar rifle knowing you have to replace the trigger immediately?

Bergara followed by the Browning. Haven't shot the redesigned Weatherby yet. I wouldn't touch Remington. Just went bankrupt and left investors/suppliers on the hook for $875 million. If that's how they run a business, I don't expect their weapons to be of superior quality. Why buy a thousand dollar rifle knowing you have to replace the trigger immediately?
Jesus Christ folks... Sometimes this place is worse than a gun shop with the BS rumors, gossip, and inaccurate information. :rolleyes:

For the 100th time... No they didn't. The bankruptcy was resolved by taking on a new investor that absolved a large portion of their debts. Nobody got left "on the hook" with the remainder of their debts, other than Remington! They still have to pay the rest back. Nobody screwed anybody over.

Also, what most average people don't realize, big corps file bankruptcy left and right to absolve debts. It's fairly common practice in extremely large corporations. Almost EVERY major gun manufacturer has at one point done exactly what Remington did...And some of them have multiple times. So, you might want to do some research before trying to act like Remington won't be around next week, or that they screwed over a bunch of people. This is simply not true.

As for the trigger comment, that's because of idiots, lawyers, and a failed judicial system that absolves people of their own stupidity and negligence. Allowing them to sue a company because they did something stupid, like prance around in front of a cocked and loaded weapon, and then it malfunctioned and someone got shot and killed. Number 1, weapon safety! Number 2, weapon safety! Number 3, if you're that retarded, that you think walking around in front of a loaded and cocked weapon is somehow a good idea, you shouldn't be able to purchase a gun in the first place.

Jesus Christ folks... Sometimes this place is worse than a gun shop with the BS rumors, gossip, and inaccurate information. :rolleyes:

For the 100th time... No they didn't. The bankruptcy was resolved by taking on a new investor that absolved a large portion of their debts. Nobody got left "on the hook" with the remainder of their debts, other than Remington! They still have to pay the rest back. Nobody screwed anybody over.

Also, what most average people don't realize, big corps file bankruptcy left and right to absolve debts. It's fairly common practice in extremely large corporations. Almost EVERY major gun manufacturer has at one point done exactly what Remington did...And some of them have multiple times. So, you might want to do some research before trying to act like Remington won't be around next week, or that they screwed over a bunch of people. This is simply not true.

As for the trigger comment, that's because of idiots, lawyers, and a failed judicial system that absolves people of their own stupidity and negligence. Allowing them to sue a company because they did something stupid, like prance around in front of a cocked and loaded weapon, and then it malfunctioned and someone got shot and killed. Number 1, weapon safety! Number 2, weapon safety! Number 3, if you're that retarded, that you think walking around in front of a loaded and cocked weapon is somehow a good idea, you shouldn't be able to purchase a gun in the first place.
Unless Remington puts food on ur table, why the loyalty? You don't owe them anything and I've seen just about every company smashed at some point, it's easier to ignore comments than rush to the defense

I'm regards to a factory rifle, I generally have a new trigger waiting at the house before the new rifle gets home. Personal preference. Never felt a factory trigger that I was 100% in love with. Shoe shape or pull. I just have a preference.
As for the bankruptcy, most major corporations do it. They're not going anywhere.

Unless Remington puts food on ur table, why the loyalty? You don't owe them anything and I've seen just about every company smashed at some point, it's easier to ignore comments than rush to the defense
Remington has put a lot of animals on my table...So has Ruger, Marlin, Weatherby, and many others... But they have never put anything in my safe or bank account.

I just don't like disinformation being spread, regardless of what brand it is. As much as I dislike Savage as a company, I would say the same thing if someone was spreading disinformation about them. Corporate mergers and corporate debt alleviation happens all the time, but most folks don't study up on what it actually means. They think that big corps always get the easy way out, when that's not the case. The partial debt alleviation only happens as a deal-sweetener for taking on new investment interest.

Don't forget to check out the Remington 700 5R Milsepc GenII in 6.5 CM... I'm telling you, other than the trigger, that rifle will be nearly unmatched in accuracy. It's also threaded for a brake or suppressor. And it has the heavy 24" barrel for hte extra weight you were looking for.

New Rifle?
My .260 would argue that point with you just a little. o_O

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.