New rifle problems

I have never, EVER, gotten ANY NABLR to shoot consistently. In probably 15 different rifles.
6.5mm 129
6.5mm 142
7mm 168
7mm 175
.308 210

I always, I mean ALWAYS have a flier. Case in point. Fire forming my latest 6.5SS. Loaded up 10 rounds of 129 NABLR. Had 7 into one big hole (.3s), and 3 fliers making the group 1.5". And the fliers formed a triangle around the group. Not even consistent. Same every time.

The only one I have gotten to shoot decent was the .270 150. Did load development for a custom .270 Win. Every time, 2 into one hole, 1 flier. Only .5" though. Repeated that 4 times. The flier was not consistent, so in all reality, it was a 1 MOA load over 12 shots. 8 into pretty much low .2s, and 4 fliers in every direction.

I would switch bullets. If you like the Accubond, go with the 130 or 140 NAB. Lower BC, but much more consistent.

I like Lance would no doubt try some different bullets when you get to loading. LRAB's fall into the group of bullets I call "bitchy bullets" IE they can be tempermental to get to perk.

That said, I tried the 168 LRAB in both my 7 WSM and 7 Mashburn Super and the first load I tried with R26 bug holed in both of them.......go figure eh

I like Lance would no doubt try some different bullets when you get to loading. LRAB's fall into the group of bullets I call "bitchy bullets" IE they can be tempermental to get to perk.

That said, I tried the 168 LRAB in both my 7 WSM and 7 Mashburn Super and the first load I tried with R26 bug holed in both of them.......go figure eh
Were those hot loads or just good loads....my buddy shoots the 142lrabs in his 65284 at 2890fps into the lands.....bug holes....
I tried it with my 2 rifles...nogo

As others stated, try some different ammo or maybe call cooper and see what ammo they recommend. If he doesn't reload, he would be doing well to try what ever ammo he can get his hands on. I've saw folks try up to ten different types and only have one type of factory ammo that would shoot well. That didn't say much for that rifle but at least he had an accurate factory round. Also, it's said that a 26 nosler can be finicky.

Now that your dies are coming in, I would switch out and try Hammer Bullets, they are very easy to get to shoot. I used to use nothing but Berger, they can be finicky, they were in my 6.5 Creed, but Hammer load at mag length, run a ladder, hit pressure back off a grain and start shooting. They are not finicky about seating depth as a Berger VLD. At this point, it cannot hurt to give them a try, the best thing about Hammer, they are in stock..

I have never, EVER, gotten ANY NABLR to shoot consistently. In probably 15 different rifles.
6.5mm 129
6.5mm 142
7mm 168
7mm 175
.308 210

I always, I mean ALWAYS have a flier. Case in point. Fire forming my latest 6.5SS. Loaded up 10 rounds of 129 NABLR. Had 7 into one big hole (.3s), and 3 fliers making the group 1.5". And the fliers formed a triangle around the group. Not even consistent. Same every time.

The only one I have gotten to shoot decent was the .270 150. Did load development for a custom .270 Win. Every time, 2 into one hole, 1 flier. Only .5" though. Repeated that 4 times. The flier was not consistent, so in all reality, it was a 1 MOA load over 12 shots. 8 into pretty much low .2s, and 4 fliers in every direction.

I would switch bullets. If you like the Accubond, go with the 130 or 140 NAB. Lower BC, but much more consistent.
Lots of possibilities here. One thing I recommend always doing with a hunting rifle is do what I call a Cold Bore Collection.

Fire 1 round and wait until the barrel is completely cooled. Waite as long as it takes. Even shooting hours later or next day. I understand this can be time consuming on a public range. I always record the temp, humidity, station pressure, DoF for each shot. I have as many as 40 CBC's for a few rifles as I be fired in all temps, various conditions and locations.

if it is a hunting rifle this is the shot you want consistent. I realize shooting 3,5,10 rounds groups is fun and tells you a lot about the rifle and ammo but for a hunting rifle this is not necessary. You just need to know how it will perform with its first shot.
Now if we are talking about a target or competition rifle that has an appropriate dimension barrel you are looking at the over all harmonics of the barrel, ammo and shooter.

That 3rd round or some variation of 1 of the 3, or 2 of the 5 etc can be frustrating.
Adjusting bullet seating depth
Adjusting primer depth
These two things solve a lot of problems.
Other things to try.
Get Tubbs, Final Finish for fire lapping the barrel. This truly works.

Also what is your brass sorting technique if you sort at all?
What is your velocity for this load? Are taking velocity measures during each string? Any differences with the flyer.

it is often not just one thing to pull that flyer into the fold.

lastly, if you are shooting .7, .6 or .5 groups it may be the best this gun can do. Simple as that. It is an imperfect process of making actions, barrels, ammo, billets etc. Some guns are not going to give you .1, .2 size groups CONSISTENTLY.
Just because someone posts a 1/8 or 1/4 I. Group does not mean it happens every single time. It means the stars and planets aligned that one time. SubMOA is plenty good for hunting and most competition guns as targets are 2MOA and greater.

looking forward to hearing back

It takes a lot of rounds to break in a barrel. Is there a bipod on this rifle? My Cooper shot lights out from day one.

The velocity was within 30 FPS
there was no brass sorting or anything like that, these were just off the shelf factory loads. He is waiting for dies,then we will get serious
we started with bi-pod then went to lead sled then sandbagged front and back
we will get it figured out. But can't do anything but read on long range.com until parts get here.

Different rifle/caliber, but my 6.5 PRC shoots the 143eldxs .050 off lands consistent .3s. Factory loads are almost as good. When I couldn't find those and tried some ABLRs, I couldn't shoot under a 2" Group no matter what load or seating depth I used. I almost laughed when I was done with my testing. As others have said, try some different ammo and/or roll your own. Just sharing because while I had experienced some variations over the years playing with ammo and loads, I hadn't run into one as bad as that before Some combinations are just horrible in a given rifle.

I, like Lance, have never had any luck with a Nosler ABLR in any rifle. That includes .270/.284/.308 diameter rounds of different flavors. In those same rifles, I always found a regular AB and a Partition recipe that worked for those rifles.
Best of luck.