New "Old", Model 70, 264wm load advice, thoughts?

You might take a look at Hammer Load site. Small for caliber H.H. like a little faster powder. I haven't loaded for my 264 in quite some time. But 1 of my 300RUMS
I loaded 124 H.H using H4350 and achieved 4000fps. I'm sure someone has loaded 110 HH with H4350.
Hope this helps. 👍
Well, I got to shoot this hem today, with a pretty stiff charge of H4350, and 110HH. No chrono, or Labradar, available, but I'm sure it was near or over 3500-3550. It was a slightly reduced Hornady load for their 100 grain bullet. 64.8 grains, seated to the top ring, wlr primer. Same hole, 2 inches high, 100 yards.
Also shot 2 very decent loads with 100ttsx, using 7828ssc. Gonna try to attach pics again.
17047531803068576785098383963329.jpg
17047532868551481505830994199634.jpg

Guys, this is a 42 year old closet queen, which I fell in love with as soon as I picked it up. Did my homework, studied what works, and what don't, did a trigger spring swap, properly torqued into stock, and using the components on the targets, first time out, I'm pleased. Those HH bullets are impressive. The ttsx bullets are no slouch, but the pic don't lie.

Guys, this is a 42 year old closet queen, which I fell in love with as soon as I picked it up. Did my homework, studied what works, and what don't, did a trigger spring swap, properly torqued into stock, and using the components on the targets, first time out, I'm pleased. Those HH bullets are impressive. The ttsx bullets are no slouch, but the pic don't lie.
Thank you for sharing, I'm glad it's working for you.
The 264WM has been one of my favorite
Sounds like you like your also.
Keep us posted. Thanks Again. 👍

Thank you for sharing, I'm glad it's working for you.
The 264WM has been one of my favorite
Sounds like you like your also.
Keep us posted. Thanks Again. 👍
I have been a 7 guy my whole life, and have owned and shot everything from 7.08, to 7 RUM. 7STW is and was my all time favorite. I have a 6.5cm, 6.5-284, which is a hole punch, after a re barrel job last winter. My respect for .264 has risen, and the .264wm has always interested me. So, I was at the right place, at right time, and this beauty fell in my lap. Fourty two years old to boot. The targets shown are the gist of what I fired today, as the previous shots were sighters, and adjustments. Most were the HH bullets. There is quite a difference in the recoil, with the H4350, and the 7828. When the gun goes of with the HH, and the H4350, you know you have a potent load in your hand. Brass and primers look good, two finger extract. I may settle on this first outing. Will eventually chrono it, or Labradar . Thanks for your input, and for Butterbeans as well. This thing is deadly, and deadly accurate.

Aim small, miss small! 7

Last edited:
I understand your excitement, I have 3 264WM rifles, a Win Model 70 EW 9" twist, a REM 700 Sendero 9" twist and another custom built Sendero 8" twist custom chambered 29.5" barrel with 4.5-27x50 scope.
In all 3, I started with H1000 and moved up to Retumbo using loading techniques to fit the powder and I get above 3300fps using 140/142g bullets. I think you are holding the cartridge back using H4350, H1000 is a much better match for the expansion ratio of the case/bore size. I also tried RE25, but it is hard on the throat.

Cheers.

M&M, great points but he's just coming out of the gate , reloading is progressive , I think the OP is excited and using what he has on hand . It takes a more time to test all the different weights, and I'm sure he'll get there to no harm no foul and we all have our favorites rite . Years back I reloaded for one it was a 700 BDL in 264 magnum , the owner let me pick the bullet and all components. So I looked through my manuals and cleaned all 100 rds of brass and decided to use noslers 125 partition with Imr 4350, rite out of their #4 manual, Drum roll. 🥳 They shot fantastic and the owner shot two Wall mounter Whitetail bucks at just over 440 yds for two years back to back . OP ,Congrats and enjoy the ride , I couldn't be more happy for you ,great pictures,great write up,and oh a great Rifle lives again ,that's the Thrill of it all !!!. Cheers to all my Brothers & Sisters 😉😆🤗😊🥳

M&M, great points but he's just coming out of the gate , reloading is progressive , I think the OP is excited and using what he has on hand . It takes a more time to test all the different weights, and I'm sure he'll get there to no harm no foul and we all have our favorites rite . Years back I reloaded for one it was a 700 BDL in 264 magnum , the owner let me pick the bullet and all components. So I looked through my manuals and cleaned all 100 rds of brass and decided to use noslers 125 partition with Imr 4350, rite out of their #4 manual, Drum roll. 🥳 They shot fantastic and the owner shot two Wall mounter Whitetail bucks at just over 440 yds for two years back to back . OP ,Congrats and enjoy the ride , I couldn't be more happy for you ,great pictures,great write up,and oh a great Rifle lives again ,that's the Thrill of it all !!!. Cheers to all my Brothers & Sisters 😉😆🤗😊🥳
Nope he's a seasoned reloader and put these loads together on purpose and hit a home run with the first swing

Last edited:

Recent Posts