New "Old", Model 70, 264wm load advice, thoughts?

7stw

Hello to all, Happy New Year to all. It's been awhile since I've posted, freshly retired, but still shooting. As my opening statement implies, just picked up a Beautiful M70, circa 1981. It was a closet queen for sure.
My thoughts are that I want to shoot Hammer 110 HH, or 100ttsx. I have Retumbo, 7828ssc, H4831, H1000, H4350, etc.
This rifle has a 9 twist, and 24 inches. May even consider 120ttsx, or equivalent in Hammer.
I've missed all the gang here, but I log in once in awhile, especially in the 7stw thread
(BOOK).
All the Best to all, and thanks in advance to any follow ups.

Retumbo may be slow for those bullets. I've never played with anything that light in the 264. Sounds like you got a real nice rifle.

7828ssc Is what mine liked.
I'm good with that, as I feel it's just right in the burn rate. I've got 2 pounds of it as well. I'm told that rl22 would be good also, albeit the temp sensitivity issue. I made 35 pieces of brass for it today. 20, Norma, older stuff, and 15 pieces of Peterson. That Peterson 7mag is the best magnum brass I've ever worked with. All the brass was new virgin.

Retumbo may be slow for those bullets. I've never played with anything that light in the 264. Sounds like you got a real nice rifle.
It really is a great rifle. I put a new trigger spring in today. Believe it or not, I went to Ace hardware, found a spring assortment, all stainless. Ground off coils until I had the right tension. Came out really well. Barrel interior, and all bluing is near 100%. Very pleased
Now gotta find what she likes!
Also, on a few other sites, Retumbo was mentioned several times. But I think 7828ssc is were ill find my load.

Howdy, big fan of the 264 wm .
With the bullets and powders
mentioned, I believe H-1000 & H-4350 should work for you. Hope this helps. 👍
Thank you my friend. I was surprised to see H4350 as a suggestion for this cartridge. I'm rapidly falling in love with this rifle. And the cartridge itself. I'm not gonna shoot it out, or burn the throat. This will be a lite carry rifle , with some punch, in some of the spots I hunt. I love shooting the heavy barrels, but toting them sucks. I have H1000, and H4350.
Thanks for the feedback. Love this 264wm.

You might take a look at Hammer Load site. Small for caliber H.H. like a little faster powder. I haven't loaded for my 264 in quite some time. But 1 of my 300RUMS
I loaded 124 H.H using H4350 and achieved 4000fps. I'm sure someone has loaded 110 HH with H4350.
Hope this helps. 👍

I did see H4350 in the Hornady loading manual. Also, rl17. That stuff is potent.
I've got most of the options covered, but I know that the Hammer works better smokin', and realize that the powder that works, may not be the one you would expect. Thanks again!

Haven't worked with 264 WM in years. When I had a 264 WM, There was a lot of surplus 4831 powder floating around then. The rifle loved 4831.
The rifle was a 700 Rem. 1966 era. It liked a 130 gr. bullet, Built for small European case 6.5 cartridges. Made nasty looking groundhog corpses.

It really is a great rifle. I put a new trigger spring in today. Believe it or not, I went to Ace hardware, found a spring assortment, all stainless. Ground off coils until I had the right tension. Came out really well. Barrel interior, and all bluing is near 100%. Very pleased
Now gotta find what she likes!
Also, on a few other sites, Retumbo was mentioned several times. But I think 7828ssc is were ill find my load.
Got to post some pictures when you can.

I was going to mention H4831 as a choice, but someone else already did. N550 might one to consider, if you have any, and if you can find some data.