New Mexico Barbary sheep

Jrc36,

Tags are 356 dollars over the counter if I remember rightly . Success rates I dont know ........probably 100% if you go on a private ranch I would imagine .

The game and fish officials I met and dealt with while out there were very helpful and have a lot of info as to where to go hunt on both public and private land . The Roswell office is in a good place to have info on some very good Barbary sheep hunting .

Jim B.

Jimm,

Was headed South of Roswell in Feb., but things exploded at work and couldn't make it afterall.
Got a buddy that works for the BLM Roswell office. He had a couple of herds in mind to hunt on public land. Hope he can keep track of them for next year.
I have a few other ranches to hunt on the year-round hunt so I am always on the lookout for a nice ram, just haven't found one yet.
NM has enough different species to keep me busy most of the year thats for sure.
I think It's a great state to live in if a person lives to hunt (like me!).

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.