NEW DEFENSIVE EDGE TOYS

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
WEBLRHPIC1.JPG

Here are 2 new items available form Defensive Edge in 2006.
TOY #1 is the LRPWR (Long Range Packing Weight Rifle) Stainless Rem 700, HS Precision Pro Series stock, Hart Barrel, # 4 fluted, DE brake, Extended box mag for oal of 3.800", 2.5Lb trigger, Nightforce 20 moa base 1pc, Warne VS maxima rings are standard. Other options are avaialble of course like the one pictured with HS box mag, Nightforce LW rings, and Ti firing pin. All come with 1/2 MOA guarntee. I have built so many rifles in this configuration I deceided to offer it as a package deal available in most magnum claibers. 300 Ultra, 338 Ultra, 338 EDGE, and 300 Win Mag are of course the most common.
TOY # 2 is the Leupold scope it is a 3.5-10 LRT with .5 MOA elevation and windage adjustments, it has an elevation stop allowing 30 MOA from zero and a windage stop allowing 14.5 MOA either way from zero. I had a small run of these made and sold most of them before I even got them. It allows for light weight, almost no way to screw up the knobs once they are set. I hope to keep some in stock, but I see already it won't be easy.
The hot deal is to mate the two toys together, then it is easier to treat yourself to a single toy. I will post the specs on the pictured rifle weight etc, in a couple of days.

Very nice!!!

How much does that package weigh as is? Looks like one hell of a shooting system. Groups not to bad either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Had one question, how do you rate the hardness of those Hart barrels compared to say a Lilja or Krieger.

I have heard they were soft but not from anyone I would really take for the trueth, obviously if they are on your rifles, that answers most of my question already.

Great system!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Shawn,
These are some very interesting new toys! I will be touching base with you on these very soon, I am still trying to decide what direction to go with the light carry rifle that we discussed a few weeks ago. Looks like you may have helped my decision along. How did the 338 WSM that your Dad was building turn out?
What is the wieght of the LRPWR with optic?

Still loving my edge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks,
Mike

Kirby,

The package weight with scope as you see it is 9.46 lbs. not to bad for a LR rifle. I have not put a rockwell tester to barrel blanks, but I don't feel that the Hart barrels are any softer than anyone elses (except PacNor)I believe that people confuse steels that machine well with soft and hard that is not always the case. I believe the Hart barrels machine so nicely because of the blend of stainless they use. I have not noticed or had customers comment about short barrel life or wear issues with the Harts.

Mike,

The base rifle weighs 8.26 lbs with rings/base no optics. Cool huh? I just gave the #4 Hart flutted barrel ( sound familar?)to my dad the other day. I am sure he is hot to get going on it. I believe he is going to run 24" + a break in the 338 WSM with 225 gr Accubonds. I will post and picture the completed project and results when he is done.

Hi I dont mean to Hi Jack your Thread but what did you mean when you refered to PacNor in this theread

" I have not put a rockwell tester to barrel blanks, but I don't feel that the Hart barrels are any softer than anyone elses (except PacNor)"

Thanks
Baylor Jewell
"

In machining the Pac-Nor barrels I have they all seem to be much harder than most. They crowd more and allow less of a cut at the same preasure and slower feed rates. Now that does not mean they are in anyway a bad barrel, I have built several great shooting rifles with them. It just seems to me they are noticably harder than the rest. This could also be an issue with the machinability of the steel they use and not the pure hardness of it.

Shawn Thanks for the explination. I'm geting ready to build a rifle that will be simmalar to your LRPWR. I'm ordering one of Jim Borden's new actions. The deposit has to be in by 2/15 and the will deliver in May. My problem is I can't make up my mind on the round. Do you have any advice. I want the rifle verey Light but accurate (#1 priority) enough for long range work. The action limits me to a H&H bolt face, no 338 Laupa or 378 weatherby cases.
I'm considering the RUM case as well as the WSM case.
Do you have any sugestions.

Nice looking rifle Shawn. its good to see work from riflesmiths getting an airing..
750f74a2.jpg

heres on i just built, you wouldn't want to lug it up a hill, well i would't any way.. best regards Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.