New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, are noslers claims true on their new 7mm caliber accubond long range? they have 175 grain bullet at .672, and the new 210 grain 30 cal at .730 Wouldn't that be something if it turned out to be accurate information.

I can't vouch for the 7mm ALRs but the 210s are not even close to .730 G1. They still have a great BC but it's not as advertised. They are slightly lower than the 210 VLD and 208 amax.

Just got some of the Whiskey Three 30 cal. 230 gr TAC-PM RBT bullets

here's a close up pic with a Berger 215 Hybrid on left and 230 Hybrid on right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 54
another pic of the W3PS 30 cal. 230 gr TAC-PM RBT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 49
Just got some of the Whiskey Three 30 cal. 230 gr TAC-PM RBT bullets

here's a close up pic with a Berger 215 Hybrid on left and 230 Hybrid on right

Do you intend to establish a BC for this bullet? If so, what process(es) will you use?

Swamplord

Do me a favor and put a straight edge (razor blade or maybe a utility knife blade) up to the nose. The nose appears to start with a concave cone and transition to convex. If that is the case you should see the blade touch at the tip of the nose and somewhere further toward the center with daylight shining through the middle. This maybe why he can get better BC's as it would exploit the "area rule" principle of supersonic aerodynamics. Clever touch if it is done that way!!! He may have a ringer here and if so...."wish I thought of that" !!!

KB

My batch of 230g RBBT arrived today. I took some measurements and weighed 20 randomly selected of the 100 I received. Here is what I found on MY balance beam scale.
230.0g- 3
.1g- 7
.2g- 7
.3g- 2
.4g- 1
I quickly(not precisely) measured the bearing surface of one of the 20 at .682" .vs the Berger 230 OTM at .641" the Berger measurement was taken using two .308" comparators so that is as accurate as my equipment can measure.
Next I will measure the 20 randomly selected W3's precisely.
I will sort the remaining bullets before I begin load developement in my .30/338 Winchester. I have 20 weight sorted, once fired, trimmed, primed brass ready to load. My first impression is, these bullets are longer than the bergers so I will not be able to load the exact load I developed with the Berger 230g OTM. First, these have a longer bearing surface so I suspect I'll run into pressure issues sooner (we shall see). Second, I will have to seat these deeper to a given spacing off the rifling. That will sacrifice powder space. Is that going to be an issue? We shall see.
I currently run 80.0g WC867 with a loaded ogive length of 2.790" with the Berger 230 OTM. This yields 2,840fps in my rifle with a ES of 22fps in a 10 shot string last trip to the range. The Berger shows me a BC of .717 drop verified to 700 yards from my rifle.
This is going to be fun!! I'm hoping for an improvement over the Berger in terms of drop and wind. If the advertised BC is even Nosler close these bullets could do great things for that. We shall see...

My batch of 230g RBBT arrived today. I took some measurements and weighed 20 randomly selected of the 100 I received. Here is what I found on MY balance beam scale.
230.0g- 3
.1g- 7
.2g- 7
.3g- 2
.4g- 1
I quickly(not precisely) measured the bearing surface of one of the 20 at .682" .vs the Berger 230 OTM at .641" the Berger measurement was taken using two .308" comparators so that is as accurate as my equipment can measure.
Next I will measure the 20 randomly selected W3's precisely.
I will sort the remaining bullets before I begin load developement in my .30/338 Winchester. I have 20 weight sorted, once fired, trimmed, primed brass ready to load. My first impression is, these bullets are longer than the bergers so I will not be able to load the exact load I developed with the Berger 230g OTM. First, these have a longer bearing surface so I suspect I'll run into pressure issues sooner (we shall see). Second, I will have to seat these deeper to a given spacing off the rifling. That will sacrifice powder space. Is that going to be an issue? We shall see.
I currently run 80.0g WC867 with a loaded ogive length of 2.790" with the Berger 230 OTM. This yields 2,840fps in my rifle with a ES of 22fps in a 10 shot string last trip to the range. The Berger shows me a BC of .717 drop verified to 700 yards from my rifle.
This is going to be fun!! I'm hoping for an improvement over the Berger in terms of drop and wind. If the advertised BC is even Nosler close these bullets could do great things for that. We shall see...

Best of luck with your work ups bud.........we use an Acculab scale that measures to the 100th so I'm not so sure about those weight variations using the old balance beam scale.
none the less if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me anytime!
Keep'em in the 10 ring bro!

Thank you for your reply! The best part of this forum is exactly this thread. I don't have the ability to measure to that level of precision. I appreciate that W3 actually takes the time to post, and actually reply not advertise. Serious kudos to you.
I may take you up on that offer! A smart guy once told me to always take advice, especially good advice. <1/10 of 1% is IMO a good tolerance. IMO. I have measured bullets that varied >1g in a batch of 100. My goal is to simply do all the things I can to make sure my imperfect shooting is the reason for a "flyer". Absolutely not anything else. Others have better measuring tools than I do.
I am looking forward to developing a load also in my .30/06 as well with this bullet once I get settled in. I hope to start sending some downrange to find where maximum safe velocity is found in the next couple of weeks from the 30/338 Winchester. I'll post what I find!

Thank you for your reply! The best part of this forum is exactly this thread. I don't have the ability to measure to that level of precision. I appreciate that W3 actually takes the time to post, and actually reply not advertise. Serious kudos to you.
I may take you up on that offer! A smart guy once told me to always take advice, especially good advice. <1/10 of 1% is IMO a good tolerance. IMO. I have measured bullets that varied >1g in a batch of 100. My goal is to simply do all the things I can to make sure my imperfect shooting is the reason for a "flyer". Absolutely not anything else. Others have better measuring tools than I do.
I am looking forward to developing a load also in my .30/06 as well with this bullet once I get settled in. I hope to start sending some downrange to find where maximum safe velocity is found in the next couple of weeks from the 30/338 Winchester. I'll post what I find!

Sounds great bud......keep me posted!

We have guys shooting the big projo's 210's 230's in the 300RUM's .02 off lands & getting good groups @ 1400 yd's. Most VLD's like that type of seating of course work up to that. Enjoy:)

swager62

Just got my other two boxes in the mail, you guys work fast !
Thanks , I appreciate the expedite ....

Now I need to find the time to load some up, heard some whispering that thems Copper River Sockeye salmon are in ! gonna have to run a couple hunnert miles to the east this weekend

Last edited:
Now I need to find the time to load some up, heard some whispering that thems Copper River Sockeye salmon are in ! gonna have to run a couple hunnert miles to the west this weekend

Hearing the same rumors. I have to make a run to Valdisease on Monday or Tuesday. I think I'll be taking a detour to the copper, net in hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.