New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Swamplord.

I think your reasoning is right as a 300 gr will appeal across the board. But my belief is there is a need for both a 300gr and something north of 350 grains- maybe 375cal/375gr and even a 400 gr which is rarefied turf in 375 cal. For those using a 375 RUM and larger the 375gr+ bullets will deliver long range punch, especially in the area of wind drift. As these members and forums have proven, the wind is the equalizer at LR, not drop. When ranges get long everybody dials up. When the wind picks up, everybody packs up.

KB

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on 100 of the 230g bullets for testing and load developement. I've been running the 230 OTM in my 30/338 Winchester with great results at 2,840. I will see if these run as adveatised. Time and testing will tell the story. Here's to hoping for truth in advertising....

I'm tempted to buy some to see how they run out of my Howa... I'm going to wait for reports form you guys though =P I'm still an amateur here

Kennibear,

When John called me up to discuss a new line of .375 cal bullets I made it a clear point that they should offer a 300 gr bullet first, followed by 320-330 then a 350 gr and heavier.

I took into account this past year all the debates we had here on LRH considering the bullet weight needed for long range shooting, while I still think a min of 320 gr is necessary to considerably improve bc values in a lead core 375 cal bullet, I have also accepted the idea that an improved bc bullet in 300 gr would be beneficial to a lot of guys with 375 H&H, 375 Ruger, 375 Wby and 375 Rum factory barreled rifles, It would also help a company get a start by having a good selling bullet, also my change of mind is due to my recent tests with my wildcat 375 PRO showing phenomenal results with current 300 gr bullets, I could definately go with a better bc 375 cal 300 gr bullet,

As of now I have not heard back on their decision regarding bullet weight,
you may want to contact them to voice your opinion on the initial bullet weight and help bolster the reality of a new line of 375 cal bullets,

Well giving the storm that has been brewing and nay sayers about the stuff thats going on in which I might add I am not concerned with we ARE pushing forward with the .375 stuff in 300 grain on to more than likely a 360 or above weight for the religious .375 following with of course the pre orders to back it up. I only have 2 requests from here but I developed new round I am testing as well for short and mid range engagements on the AR15 platform utilizing the .375 and has been dubbed the 375 Reaper that will be using the same stuff for as well.

Having said that anyone who want to jump on board with .375 stuff needs to send me an email direct at [email protected] to tell me what grain projectiles you are looking for and a quantity.

Also more data is pouring in and being collected as we go along. We are new and want to gain everyone's trust so please take that Chest and Hip Wader BS and go somewhere else with it to those that feel the need to belittle folks ect. Swamplord you are a solid guy and hope to work with you and the rest of the fellas closely in the near future!

Understand that the Long range market isnt the only market we deal with.....a big deal of our business is going to Flat base projectiles for the 300 Blackout market and Benchrest Shooters and the need for the very best in accuracy that those guys can get in a flat base. So far those guys are tickled pink and are gobbling up as many projectiles they can get for their custom loads.

one a last note......Im Retired Army, Medically Retired to be exact and really dont have the time for games an non sense with talking trash about this or that when you havent even come out of pocket to try any projectiles for yourself nor took the time to shoot them. Unless you have done this already please refrain from the diarrhea of the little fingers on the key board and just watch the conversation and be proactive in the discussion. Makes for a more intelligent conversation dont you think?? Last I checked we are all grown men who have a passion for precision shooting. Dont dumb it down with all the side bar and lets stay on target!!

Please dont hesitate to reach out to me direct for any questions or private discussion!

Good luck to ya. Additional options and the additional competition amidst bullet manufacturers is a good thing.

W3P

My official position on 300 grain 375 caliber bullets:

Since most of what is available is < 0.5 G1 BC (CEB's excepted) I would welcome any improvement. Most 300's are at 0.48 G1 so if you can do 0.55 G1 I would do my happy dance. I'll take a box of the 375 cal 300gr to try as my 375 Ruger barrel has a slower twist.

KB

I will make a no BS deal here. Send me 50 of your 30 cal 155 grain RBT bullets on your dime. I will shoot them over 2 chronographs 600 or 900' apart, your choosing. I will even do it side by side with another brand's 155 grain bullet, one of which has a proven and widely accepted real world BC so you know I'm doing it right. These will be provided on my dime. If your 155s perform as advertised, (by that statement, I mean if their BCs are .5707 G1 as advertised +/- 5%) I will send you a USPS Money Order check for $1,000.00 USD in exchange for 100 of your 155s plus the regular price of the 50 you sent me for evaluation. This is no joke, this is no BS. This is a serious offer. If your bullets are what you say they are, this is an easy, no cost and very profitable deal for you. Yes, let's forget the waders, forget the naysayers. What do you say? Do we have a deal?

Let me know,

M

I will make a no BS deal here. Send me 50 of your 30 cal 155 grain RBT bullets on your dime. I will shoot them over 2 chronographs 600 or 900' apart, your choosing. I will even do it side by side with another brand's 155 grain bullet, one of which has a proven and widely accepted real world BC so you know I'm doing it right. These will be provided on my dime. If your 155s perform as advertised, (by that statement, I mean if their BCs are .5707 G1 as advertised +/- 5%) I will send you a USPS Money Order check for $1,000.00 USD in exchange for 100 of your 155s plus the regular price of the 50 you sent me for evaluation. This is no joke, this is no BS. This is a serious offer. If your bullets are what you say they are, this is an easy, no cost and very profitable deal for you. Yes, let's forget the waders, forget the naysayers. What do you say? Do we have a deal?

Let me know,

M

Sounds like a pretty good deal for you W3P. Michael has a very solid reputation around here. If you believe your bullets will live up to the numbers, here is a great way to get a ton of orders. If Michael comes back on here justifying those numbers, you will have more orders than you know what to do with.

Let me know,

M
well how about that. Whiskey 3 one thing you'll learn on this site is your not dealling with amateurs, you can make claims of super bullets but you better be able to back it up, "walk the walk talk the talk" cause these guys will test and compare, and call you out on bull crap or they will make you a rich man. It all riding on your claims and there results. Good luck I hope your advertised BCs are correct, but if they are not we will be sure to let you know...

Let me know,

M

Challenge Accepted my friend.......

Challenge Accepted my friend.......

Couple of questions, if you don't mind? What is the length of your 210 RBT? Are you using a typical jacket, lead core design? What degree of offset is the ogive? It would be easy for several of us to dissect and measure one, but it would be easier to just let us know. I haven't read through everything, so if these questions have been answered already, I apologize. Thank you in advance.......Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.