New Brass Company in town...

Here's some stuff based on observations I've seen over the years...

Neck and body wall thickness uniformity is in second place for new cases to shoot the best. They can have a .001- to .002-inch spread and shoot great IF the shoulder, belt and head are square with the case long axis. Besides, many folks turn case necks to the thickness they want for their chamber necks.

Most important is having the case head square. With square case heads, wall thickness spread can be .002-inch for the body, .001-inch for the neck and new cases will shoot virtually as accurate as 99.9% of any resized ones; especially with belted cases. Otherwise, you have to shoot them with maximum loads once or twice in rifles with bolt faces squared with the chamber axis to square them up. Of couse with non-square bolt faces, they'll only shoot most accurate when first fired; reloading them won't help and they'll then shoot less accurate than when new. Same thing for belted case belts and rimless or rebated rim case shoulders; they all have to be square with the case axis. When driven hard forward by the firing pin, they'll make even contact all the way around where they stop against the chamber.

Rimless or rebated rim cases should have headspace between .003- and .002-inch shorter than the GO chamber headspace gage for the cartridge. Belted cases should headspace .001- to .002-inch less than the GO chamber headspace gage for them. New belted case shoulders should have about .003-inches clearance to the chamber shoulder when that chamber has its belt headspace at maximum and its shoulder at the SAAMI minimum.

Case weight should have no more than a 1% spread. If not, one can easily sort them by weight into 1-grain spread groups. This is less important than heads, belts and shoulders being square.

The smoother the primer pockets' surface can be, the easier the primer and powder residue will clean out. And drill those flash holes unless they can be punched very cleanly.

Best wishes in your endeavour.

[ QUOTE ]
we would need 200,000 pieces to justify the cost of customizing those calibers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm......Let's see I could handle, say, 200 RUM Cases. That leaves the rest of you guys to anti up for only 199,800. There's bound to be a way to skin this cat.........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we would need 200,000 pieces to justify the cost of customizing those calibers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm......Let's see I could handle, say, 200,000 RUM Cases. That leaves the rest of you guys SOL. There's bound to be a way to skin this cat.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew Roy would get them shipping out the 300 ultra cases. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fifty said
[ QUOTE ]
Mainly would be dealing with cases based on the RUM

[/ QUOTE ]
Accurate brass replied
[ QUOTE ]
The calibers you mentioned we will supply

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you already have or are planning some good RUM brass? This brings a smile to my face and many others too I'm sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now on to the SAUM brass. Will you be making any?? Have plans to??

How bout give us a list of what you plan on offering and we will add our suggestions to it.

AB,
I, for one, am very pleased to hear you put an emphasis on quality. I'm not interested in beating Winchester price but I would like to have Lapua quality (or better) while keeping my money within our borders. Kudos to you.

Festus

I would certainly take some good RUM brass!!! Doesn't matter if it's 7 or 300. I can make either work.

Almost forgot about 22-250 as well. Norma just doesn't trip my trigger.

I don't want to tip my hand to competition with regards to all calibers. But, most of you will be happy guys.

With regards to the 200,000 piece issue. I was refering to making a custom caliber, not standard calibers.

[ QUOTE ]
about to launch consumer sales shortly

[/ QUOTE ]

Any better of a time frame?

Going to be a web site?

Impatiently waiting in Michigan

Saying that your brass will beat Lapua's quality while having cheaper prices is a pretty bold statement. Will your brass be as durable as the Lapua? and as accurate?

are you case haeds stamped or machined , primer pockets stamped or cut?

I tend to build my guns around the quality reloading products I can get

Mr. Accurate -- please send me an email...tried to send you one, but there is no info in your profile...seems a little strange.

Please send me an email to the address in my profile, and you might also post this on www.accurateshooter.com forums for match shooters as well.

If your brass is as good as you say, 1000yd BR shooters will take all you have...we buy things in BULK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How close are you to Trout Run, PA? You might come see us at our first match May 6th. We are the first and largest 1KBR club in the world (Since 1968), and if your brass is working in that competition environment, it will work ANYWHERE. One trip to a match will get you an overload of info.

Like I said, please send me an email.

Thanks,
Jason Baney

.257 Weatherby Brass that is of equal or greater quality than the Weatherby/Norma version, but not a buck a pop.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.