Inspect new brass.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by metalhead, Mar 3, 2013.

1. metalhead

metalhead Well-Known Member

This was in a bag of new Win brass I got from Midway a couple years ago and opened yesterday. Seen new brass with split necks but never this. 325wsm

Attached Files:

2. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I've seen several other problems with new Win brass, but that's a first for me too.

3. Tamarac

Tamarac Active Member

I bought a bag of Remington brass a few years ago and just now opened it only to find a half dozen pieces that had been smashed plus a few pieces of scrap paper. I guess quality control ain't what it used to be.

4. Doublezranch

Doublezranch Well-Known Member

I just bought some new 7mm-08 Win brass and 3 of the case necks were way to small. As in not even close small. I had to run it through an expanding iron just to full length size them. I have never seen that before. I hope they are not compromising quality because the demand is out of control.

5. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

These things are the exact reason that I also take cartridge selection into consideration when I buy a rifle or start a build. It's Lapua or Norma brass for me. Anneal them and they will last a long time.

6. arrow

arrow Well-Known Member

Winchester .243 brass bag of 100. Most of them the flash hole was punched out of center. Even found a .243 in that bag with a .308 head stamp. Wonder how that happened?

7. lever-hed

lever-hed Well-Known Member

..exactly my thoughts.