New Brass Company in town...

I would love to see 300wby,257wby,220 swift, 17 Rem and 7mm Rem Mag of good quality and not a $1 a pop I pay for Weatherby/Norma brass!

[ QUOTE ]
We are not currently selling to the public so I don't want to quote prices. We won't be winchester prices, but I'm not going to be Lapua prices either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well from the sounds of it you already are making .308 brass. I know al these ultra shooters are looking for a supply of their stuff but I am just a humble .308 man shooting a factory stick. I am always looking for a way to improve my groups and save on the overall price of doing so. If your brass outlasts win and lapua and costs less than lapua the economics are simple. Your brass would be the way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi fellas, we are a new brass company about to launch consumer sales shortly. Our brass is currently used in military and law enforcement ammunition only.

We want to get a feel for what calibers you guys feel that brass is lacking.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always lacking better economy on quality .308 brass. My vote is for going public with some of that.

I almost forgot. I have bulk loads for my mini 14 that use once fired mixed brass from Midway but the load I use for varmints that gets me moa groups at 100 yards also from a factory tube (can ya believe that?) uses all winchester brass. I would be glad to use your brass in .223 to see if I get the same or better results. Wouldn't that be sweet, a stock mini shooting sub moa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How about 30-06, 270, 25-06. Lots of guys still using/reloading these rounds. If you can ship to Canada for a decent amount I'll order.

Mr. Brass,

7mmRUM would be lovely. Annealed case necks with a tough web area to reduce primer pocket stretching would be a plus.

Also, 6.5-284 & .260 Remington for many would be a plus in addition to the .223 & .308s you're surely doing already. THANK YOU for soliciting input from the lowly consumers....

Guys, I appreciate your input. We will do our best to introduce as many new calibers as possible.
Next week I hope to advise you guys of calibers, prices, and arrival time.

Thanks Again!

The overwhelming answer is obviously to make <font color="red"> all ultra mag brass as that is the only real hole in the current brass manufacturer's line ups. </font> Why Norma started making WSM brass and not Ultras is beyond me.

I know you would sell the crap out of the Ultras but here is a couple others worth looking at.

If you can secure the BR crowd by making top notch 6ppc brass with weights more like the 220 russian Lapua brass instead of the Sako 6ppc brass, you could make a good living off of doing nothing else!! If the br crowd could just buy good 6ppc brass without having to fireform 220 russian through their expensive barrels, they would rejoice.

Also, never hurts to have another company producing good 6br brass and 6.5-.284 brass.

I think that between these four families of cases, you would establish yourself in the commercial market very quickly. Just my 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Goodgrouper: I thought the whole idea by fireforming the 220 Russian brass, was to get brass that fits your chamber perfectly. Im quite sure Lapua could make 6ppc brass if the market wanted it.

Now, Accurate: you should put a list with what brass you can produce.

I know for example that pepole at saubier.com wants 221 fireball brass VERY badly, for their short efficient wildcats.

Then there are the big bore fellas over at accuratereloading.com that wants big brass like 585 Nyati, or 470 Mbogo, wich is custom brass, and somewhat expensive. They also want alot of rimmed brass for their double rifles. Like 500/450 NE 2" , 450/400, etc etc

Then you have your wildcatters, wich would love to be able to get unstamped quality brass, to make their own headstamp for when they leave the country for africa and make sure the headstamps are correct with whats stamped on the barrel.

First a list of what cartridges you can make, and f.ex price per 100 would be very helpfull.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts