New Brass Company in town...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by accuratebrass, Apr 27, 2006.

1. accuratebrass

accuratebrass Active Member

Hi fellas, we are a new brass company about to launch consumer sales shortly. Our brass is currently used in military and law enforcement ammunition only.

We want to get a feel for what calibers you guys feel that brass is lacking.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

...and yes, we are willing to provide some samples.

2. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

I for one would love to see some good quality 7mm RUM brass and some 7mm SAUM brass.
    The lots I have now are not terrible but leave alot to desire!
    If and when you make some in these cals I would be honored to test it and give a full report!

The popular cals will net sales if it's of high quality or at least consistent in wall thickness and weight as well as uniform primer pockets.

3. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Will you make custom brass?

If so get me your e-mail and we may be able to drum up some business for you. Mainly would be dealing with cases based on the RUM, Lapua and 408 CT if you are set up to do these case head sizes and case lengths.

Let me know.

Kirby Allen(50)

4. Matt27

Matt27 Well-Known Member

Should be Lapua qaulity. This would be a hot seller and would get the 260 hoppin more than it is now.

5. dalefarmer

dalefarmer Member

I'll second the vote for 7mm RUM brass.

6. bcd

bcd Well-Known Member

300 REMINGTON ULTRA MAG

7. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Consistant weight
    Consistant neck wall thickness
    Brass alloy hard enough to take pressure without deforming... and with enough durability to last a long time... but still annealed enough to defray any neck cracking issues.
    Maximum SAAMI neck thickness to decrease expansion on firing in SAAMI chambers.
    Just to name a few...

8. coupalr

coupalr Well-Known Member

I would like some 7STW

9. hvyw8t

hvyw8t Well-Known Member

7mm stw, 300 ultra mag would get the nod from me . I would also pay for custom cases as would alot of other longrange shooters. Bring it on!!!

10. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

I agree,300 Ultra.Where is your company located?

11. 308 nate

308 nate Well-Known Member

I would like some 7mmWSM and some 260. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. accuratebrass

FiftyDriver, setting up for calibers is quite expensive. The calibers you mentioned we will supply, we would need 200,000 pieces to justify the cost of customizing those calibers.

Ballistic64, we are based in NY.

13. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

What cals are you currently supplying? Don't forget to include price.

Feel free to toot your own horn as well. Lets hear what you offer that you feel gives your product an edge: low cost, high quality, consistency, durability? Lets hear it.

But remember, we will be happy to test it and report good as well as not so good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. accuratebrass

4KED Horn, you know when you hold a piece of Lapua brass next to a piece of Winchester? Ours is better than both.

Before you say, I'm crazy I'm going to tell you an interesting fact. The Lapua brass you buy is actually their lesser grade. Their mil spec brass is not sold to the public. Our brass is top grade.

We are not currently selling to the public so I don't want to quote prices. We won't be winchester prices, but I'm not going to be Lapua prices either.