N570 options

Something big 338, in 30cal and smaller the throat erosion rate just gets exponentially worse. I run it in my 338 rum with excellent accuracy. It'd be great in 338 rum, edge, lapua, lapua imp.

I load my 338 lapua with 102 grains of N570 and a 260 hammer hunter..it's a compressed load but no pressure signs with lapua brass and is very accurate

Cody and I share the same thoughts. If wanted to burn some money and play around with something bigger on my Lapua based action, the 33XC is where I would start.

I'm not particularly worried about barrel life with this one. I am thinking it will be used sparingly in just certain situations where I know I could encounter some longer distances in less than ideal conditions. I would also like to keep the barrel length at or under 30 inches.
The lifespan of the barrel is extremely short. between 500 and 1000 shots maximum depending on the powder used.

The lifespan of the barrel is extremely short. between 500 and 1000 shots maximum depending on the powder used.
Do load developement in under 100 rounds (shouldn't be a challenge if it is built well), shoot 30-40 rounds a year to verify trajectory and stay proficient with it, and kill a few animals a year with it. At a 500 round barrel life, should last around 10 years.....I don't know about others, but I have a hard time keeping a rifle the same for that long ha ha, and after that long, a new barrel is not really a concern. Save the high round count and barrel life concern and have a sub 50 gr capacity cartridge for the fun stuff ha ha

What cartridge are you talking about? 500-1000 is a wide spread. I understand it's all in how you treat the thing but like I said I am not overly worried about barrel life, 100 rounds is to short but I don't need it to last 1000 either.

What cartridge are you talking about? 500-1000 is a wide spread. I understand it's all in how you treat the thing but like I said I am not overly worried about barrel life, 100 rounds is to short but I don't need it to last 1000 either.
33xc is what I am talking about
Yes it's a wide spread
Depends is the key word here!!!
I have had barrels burn out in 200 rounds when 500 was expected with a cartridge.
500 when 800 was expected on another and so on. I've also got 2000 out of a barrel when 1000 was expected
If I could see into the future and foresee a barrels life expectancy I would not be here explaining the VARIABLES of barrel life expectancy. Especially with hotrod cartridges.

I will say though, with N570, expect it to be on the lower end especially if you run it hot. If I was gonna throw out a S.W.A.G., I would say 500ish rounds. A 28 nosler typically sees 800ish, this is burning 30 grains more powder but is also a .338 vs .284.

If you do a 33xc, pick your bullet before you build (I do this with pretty much any build anyway....) and do your load developement carefully and methodically. Give yourself plenty of time on range trips, a barrel cooling device and 3ish minutes between shots will help extend the life some. Then after you have your load, use the rifle for hunting, and occasionally put a couple rounds on steel at range, and you will have it for a long time. Another thing I would really strongly consider, is looking into the Bartlien mod400bb
steel barrels. They say that they increase barrel life roughly 50%, that would turn a 500 round barrel into 750. With light use, that is around 5 additional years. For 200 additional bucks on a Hammer of Thor build like your looking at, I would jump all over that. Plus, it's a bartlien, so it's gonna shoot fantastic.

I am tossing around the idea of the following cartridges. 375 terminator in an lrkm platform, I know this will exceed my weight expectations but it might be worth it.
33xc, 338 terminator/improved or 300 terminator/lapua improved. I think if I went with these I would stick with a standard rifle style.

Does anyone have experience with the 375 terminator it appears to like to drink n570 by the shovel full!

I load my 338 lapua with 102 grains of N570 and a 260 hammer hunter..it's a compressed load but no pressure signs with lapua brass and is very accurate

I'm curious how you're running that much powder in a lapua. The edge has a little more case capacity than the lapua and I'm running fairly hot and load a longer COAL.
If you meant LRT powder, I'm totally with you on that.

Well the 375 terminator doesn't appear to be an option at this time after talking with Shawn. How does The recoil compare from a 33xc vs 37xc? Does bullet weight make that much of a difference?

I don't have any experience with anything bigger than a .338, but @Bravo 4 can probably help you. I think he built an "idaho legal" (sub 14 lb) .375 Snipetac, even shot it suppressed a little if memory serves correctly, but don't quote me on that....hopefully he can chime in and comment.