my waits over

James:

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't access your image. All I get is a security error and a red circle with a line through it. Been waiting to see it since you first mentioned having it built.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems that whatever he built you is banned from public display.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the funniest comments I've ever seen on this board!!! (little rolling laughing guy goes here)

While I'm very happy for you, this means that my rifle is climing up the work order!!!

James - RR:

Had to register but now it's nice and clear. I've seen that gun somewhere else in the last day or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great looking rig and you'll have a ball with it when you start sending bullets down range.

James S.

If you don't mind, I just post it for everyone. Interesting stock. On the place where you posted the picture you mentioned the barrel is a 1-9 Twist. Is that right?

377768.jpg

Bob, yes its a 1-9, will not shoot over 1k and wanted to build the rifle around a 160 accubond, or a sst. just wasn't sure where, when I could have bullets if I needed them.
JS

Thanks kirby I'm sure I will enjoy it, just a couple ?'s though
1) do I need to lap IOR tactical rings
2) whats the torque specs on the reciever screws or are there any
JS

James,

General rule is that any solid fixed ring/base system will probably need to be lapped when mounted on a factory mass produced receiver. That said, if you bed the scope base to the receiver this will help a great deal and at times eliminate this need totally depending on how out of true the receiver is to begin with.

As far as torquing the receiver screws, the stock is pillar bedded so you can snug them down to the full 65 in/lbs if you want. With a properly bedded rifle you will generally not see alot of difference between 45 and 65 in/lbs of torque. Being as you have a heavy barrel with a muzzle brake and in a high intensity round, I would go to the 55 in/lb range at least to be on the safe side.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.