My Leica 1600 B died

Tnwhip

This ain't good. I have had it for 23 months. Has anyone else had theirs go out in that short of period. This is only the second hunting season I have used it. It went out the last week of the season.

It just doesn't work at all or isn't working as well as it's supposed to? Have you called Leica to see what they say? I'm assuming you've obviously tried various new batteries and that didn't help the situation.

It just doesn't work at all or isn't working as well as it's supposed to? Have you called Leica to see what they say? I'm assuming you've obviously tried various new batteries and that didn't help the situation.

I sat down and ranged the the back field and it worked, then I glassed to my left and it would not range. Nothing just blank. I said well it must be the battery. Went to town got another and it still want work. I checked the new battery and it is good. I guess the switch or something? I got on line and printed the repair document. I guess I will box it up and send it in. I still have a month left on the 2 year warranty.
Glad it made it through the hunting season, but now I need it for coyote's and crows. I do have a Nikon that will get out to 400. I started to sell the Nikon and I am glad I didn't.

I don't like hearing this kind of news. Especially since I just bought one. I hope you get that problem resolved quickly and cheaply. I felt like I got a deal on mine $699.99 to the front door. that is still too expensive to replace every two years. Good luck with the repair and let us know how Leica treats you. Have a good one.

I talked to them today and filled out the paper work and put it in the mail. I will let everyone know what they do. I sure hope this doesn't happen every two years.

. I sure hope this doesn't happen every two years.

I don't think you have to worry about that. My 1600 lives in my truck year round and really does not get babied much. Use it all year for many uses from measuring to shooting. My son and I have owned CRF 1200's and 1600's for years with never an issue. I hope they take care of you and do it in a timely manner.

Jeff

I dealt with Leica's repair service many years ago, late 80's I think, regarding a camera repair. The work was done in a reasonable amount of time. I used that camera up until about 10 years ago without another failure when I sold it. The current owner is a friend and she still uses it. From my experience, I wouldn't worry about it too much and I would expect it to be 100% when returned.

tagging in... I'm in the market for a rangefinder that'll get past the 600 or so that my leopold does... I'd like to hear how this turns out as the leica rangefinders are on my radar...

I have run the leica 1200 scan for the last 8 years. I have not been kind to them and they are still going strong. I am running the 1600 now and my buddy is running the 1200s. All though not used often I have never heard of anyone having a bad customer service experience with leica. Lefty you need to buy a set of 1600s. You will wonder why you ran those leupys for so long.

Anyone looking for a 1600 can get a deal from Botach.com. They list it for $799.99 but when you add it to your cart the price is $699.99. And Leica gives you a free Surefire light rebate. I got free shipping at the time too. Haven't found a better price. I'm glad to hear guys have had good experiences with Leica customer service. Also, that many haven't had to utilize CS.

Have had mine 6 seasons with zero issues. They are electronic so can fail. I am also interested in feedback on customer service.

That is good to hear. It is just my luck that I get one that goes out under two years. I do use it a lot and I try and take care of it. it stays in the case unless I am looking through it. I will keep everyone posted on how long it takes for them to get it back to me. They should have it by today.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.