Leica 1600

lougonl

Has anyone used the Leica 1600? How did it preform? Does it range consistantly at ranges over 1000 YDS? I have had trouble in the past with a different range finder ranging beyond 1000 yds without a hill or mountain in the background. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Here's what to do:

Look in the upper right corner of the screen that you are looking at now.

It says Longrangehunting.com with a white right arrow. Hover over it and it shows "Search LRH Here!" Enter "leich 1600" into the google search window. Then search.

Then read till your hearts content.

Here is one of the threads: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leica-1600-v-swaro-side-my-side-63496/index2.html

Where's the fun in an old discussion?

Sorry don't have a 1600. I have a 900, can tell you all about that one.

Its rated for 1600 but depending on lighting and how still you can hold weather you can get it. However i have got 1900 a few times. Another neat feature you can hit the button an extra time and get the slope degree. I up graded from a 1200 to a 1600 when they first came out. My opinion , very good buy it.
MIke

Has anyone used the Leica 1600? How did it preform? Does it range consistantly at ranges over 1000 YDS? I have had trouble in the past with a different range finder ranging beyond 1000 yds without a hill or mountain in the background. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Yes.
Great.
Yes.

I was using the 1600B for the first time this afternoon. I was able to consistently range individual trees out to 1505 and got ballistic solutions out to 873 yards. Ranged high tension poles to 1700 + with a steady rest (truck cab). This unit belongs to my son-in-law, will be ordering mine Monday!

Bob

I have one and have had no problem getting ranges a little past 1300 in bright sunlight. In petfect conditions, the furthest I've hit so far is 1854. I really like it, best range finder I've ever had.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.