Moving out West

Thank you. I have spent a good amount of time in Utah. 10+ years in Idaho. I will be glad to move back. I like what Wyoming has to offer. A little worried about things to do in the winter though.

I wouldn't be worried. A lot of the streams I fish in Utah are tail waters and don't freeze so I plan on hitting some of the awesome Trout streams while folks are skiing. Not to mention you can pull late season tags so I'll be Elk hunting with some guys that got tags for January.

Well I live in Atl and like you here due to work. Love the west and have thought many times about moving out there. I have hunted in many of the states out west although that is much different than living there.
I travel out there also in work and like Montana, Wyoming best with remote Colorado as a third option.
Billings is nice and close enough to the mts and good hunting and not as expensive as Bozeman I have found.
However, you can never go wrong with just about anywhere in western Wyoming as it is a beautiful state and great people.
Since you are in Atlanta, PM me sometime and we will get together, shoot or.....have a Dr. Pepper.....or stronger

Good luck in your search
Mighty man

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.