Microlon Gun Juice

It cost 9 bucks........ Just buy it and try it for yourself, that's really the only way you will know if it works in your rifle. If $9 is going to break the bank you are in the wrong sport :)

It cost 9 bucks........ Just buy it and try it for yourself, that's really the only way you will know if it works in your rifle. If $9 is going to break the bank you are in the wrong sport :)

I'm not worried about the $9, just want to know what the cleaning process is once your barrel is treated as far as removing powder and especially copper. I might be misunderstanding, but is looks to me like Long Ranger is using this stuff only to clean with and he also said that it is not a copper remover.

I'm not using Gun Juice to clean my bore. I use KG products, KG-1 for carbon and KG-12 for copper. I will use WipeOut if I can leave the gun sit overnight or for several hours with the WipeOut foam in the bore.

No need to use brass brushes - in fact I would not use a brass brush after doing the Gun Juice bore treatment. No sense in scratching the stuff out after it's been baked onto the bore. I wouldn't use JB bore paste either. After treating with Gun Juice, I'd be surprised if you can't just patch the carbon and copper fouling away using KG products or Bore Tech Eliminator bore cleaners.

I'm not using Gun Juice to clean my bore. I use KG products, KG-1 for carbon and KG-12 for copper. I will use WipeOut if I can leave the gun sit overnight or for several hours with the WipeOut foam in the bore.

No need to use brass brushes - in fact I would not use a brass brush after doing the Gun Juice bore treatment. No sense in scratching the stuff out after it's been baked onto the bore. I wouldn't use JB bore paste either. After treating with Gun Juice, I'd be surprised if you can't just patch the carbon and copper fouling away using KG products or Bore Tech Eliminator bore cleaners.

I have not tried it yet, but it's one of those things that's in my mind after read about. I fully agree with your recommendations and I'll just be using patches wet with whatever... It is said that to remove the coating you either have to sand blast it or heat the barrel up to 700 degrees. By just using patches we should be in business. :)

I have used it and it works as advertised ( who 'd a thunk it). I was a total skeptic. Used it and grouping was a lot better. One caveat when you use it they are right the scope/sights need to be readjusted. Cleaning , well that was a total shock it went fast and at first I did not believe it.
Jay

Agree with jayrando....it works!

And he's right-it does require a re-zero,because POI rises after recommended application.

I was pretty skeptical....but plunked down $30 for a 4 oz. can.Several guys had told me it was a great product - and they all shoot more than I do.

But here's another use: coating the inside of sizing dies.Definitely reduces friction.

I cleaned mine with acetone;let dry.

Apply Microlon Gun Juice; let dry overnite.

Repeated the Gun Juice over 3 nites,on a set of my oldest dies.

It's a definite difference you can feel.:)

----Gnarly

Any members wanting to purchase and try out Microlon Gun Juice... I just received this e-mail add offering 30% off any purchase - no minimum required. Offer ends May 25th, 2009.

"Microlon Products would like to celebrate Michigan Week by offering all customers a 30% discount off any purchase, no minimum order required.
Use promo code "MIWEEK" during checkout at
Friction Reduction - One Time Treatment of Products that Really Work! - Save On Gas - Microlon Products.
Hurry, offer ends May 25th, 2009!!"

Thanx,phorwath!

I'll go shake the can,because I don't aim to run out. lightbulb

The current can has treated 7 long guns,2 handguns,and I-forget-how-many sets of dies...

The Microlon Gun Juice & KG-12 bore cleaner are just 2 items I swear by....after several years of trying stuff I'd swear at!

----Gnarly

Let's see...those 2, plus KanoKroil,plus P.B.Blaster's Dri-Lube,plus Lubriplate,plus SuperSlickStuff spray....

Everything else I can cover using a mix of half:MobilOne 15W-40 synthetic & half: Marvel Mystery Oil.

Almost forgot Hornady OneShot!

I ordered the gun juice. Cool!
Thanks phorwath. Saved me close to $9.00 bucks!

Last edited:
Any members wanting to purchase and try out Microlon Gun Juice... I just received this e-mail add offering 30% off any purchase - no minimum required. Offer ends May 25th, 2009.

"Microlon Products would like to celebrate Michigan Week by offering all customers a 30% discount off any purchase, no minimum order required.
Use promo code "MIWEEK" during checkout at Friction Reduction - One Time Treatment of Products that Really Work! - Save On Gas - Microlon Products.
Hurry, offer ends May 25th, 2009!!"

I ordered some today. I'll go through a standard one-shot-clean break in process until I see reduced fouling and then thoroughly clean to bare metal with Wipeout, then do the gun juice routine. I'll send three factory rounds down the tube first to get a baseline MV comparison, before and after.

For cleaning, I'll do normal cleaning after every 20-50 rounds for a couple of times then extend cleaning intervals until I see accuracy deterioration. After a thorough cleaning I'll give a good wet patch soaking with juice then dry patch.

I ordered some today. I'll go through a standard one-shot-clean break in process until I see reduced fouling and then thoroughly clean to bare metal with Wipeout, then do the gun juice routine. I'll send three factory rounds down the tube first to get a baseline MV comparison, before and after.

For cleaning, I'll do normal cleaning after every 20-50 rounds for a couple of times then extend cleaning intervals until I see accuracy deterioration. After a thorough cleaning I'll give a good wet patch soaking with juice then dry patch.

How did that work out for you?
BD

I have a 6-284 that is going to be finishing up here pretty soon and with it's already short barrel life I'll take anything I can get but I don't really want to go thru the whole process of this "gun juice" if it is mostly smoke and mirrors.

It would be nice to hear more than one testimonial about this stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.