Med range scope lite weight

Snowbird

I'm looking to make a light setup in either a kimber hunter/montana or tikka superlite 6.5 cm. to top it i've considered a swaro z3 3x10, leupold vx3i, maven rs2 2x10 and now a burris fullfield II 3x9. i know the prices are all over the map and budget is a concern. I've had the burris before and sold it in favor of higher end scopes. there really was nothing wrong with it but i wanted higher magnification and weight was not of concern. for this setup i will shoot no further than 450 yards. it will also be a bit abused along the way, so its ability to hold zero will be important. i'd also like to stay away from wire crosshairs for that reason. the burris and swaro are etched glass i believe. the maven looks great other than the wires. i've never been a leupold fan and assume they are wires too but weight is right.

so, are wires a concern for a knocked around scope? i am inclined to just go back with a burris as i had good experiences with it before but the maven glass i use has always impressed me. it's too bad they have wires in that one.

what would you do?

the 9.5oz is quite interesting. 13oz and under is my mark. most of my scopes are in the 18-24oz range.

anyone on here use that SS ultralight? is it etched glass?

the 9.5oz is quite interesting. 13oz and under is my mark. most of my scopes are in the 18-24oz range.

anyone on here use that SS ultralight? is it etched glass?
All the other scopes they make are etched but I'm guessing. A call would confirm it. I've owned fixed 10's 2 3-15's and have a 6x on my 22lr.

That SWFA 9.5 oz. scope is interesting. I have a old Leopold vx2 that weighs 11 oz. Just a plex scope and coin turn turret but it works and is lightweight. I leave it on the gun just because it's simple and light but I wish it had better adjustable turrets. Gonna have to look at this scope a little closer.

Last edited:
I'm looking to make a light setup in either a kimber hunter/montana or tikka superlite 6.5 cm. to top it i've considered a swaro z3 3x10, leupold vx3i, maven rs2 2x10 and now a burris fullfield II 3x9. i know the prices are all over the map and budget is a concern. I've had the burris before and sold it in favor of higher end scopes. there really was nothing wrong with it but i wanted higher magnification and weight was not of concern. for this setup i will shoot no further than 450 yards. it will also be a bit abused along the way, so its ability to hold zero will be important. i'd also like to stay away from wire crosshairs for that reason. the burris and swaro are etched glass i believe. the maven looks great other than the wires. i've never been a leupold fan and assume they are wires too but weight is right.

so, are wires a concern for a knocked around scope? i am inclined to just go back with a burris as i had good experiences with it before but the maven glass i use has always impressed me. it's too bad they have wires in that one.

what would you do?

I think the Vortex Razor LH 3-15x42 is 16oz. Its a little over your 13 oz limit, but you get a lot of scope for an additional 3oz

I have leupy in 2.5x8 and is one of my favorite scopes for what you are talking about doing. I also have the Vortex LH 3-15 on a LW rifle and I don't regret it

I use a 10x scope without a pa adjustment out to 800 on a pretty regular basis and don't feel the need for one. If you line up directly behind the scope there is no parallax error.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.