Scope Weight

rost495

Has anyone done a comparison of weights of top line scopes? Something in the 4-12 up to 6-20 range? I want quality glass and if I go quality I don't have to use the huge 50mm objectives.

Wondering if we have that info stashed here somewhere? Trying to save some weight on an upcoming rifle project here and there. Don't want to skimp on things like the barrel etc... though.

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff,
You might start out using the shooting catalog from Cabela. One of the few that show length, weight, etc in their charts. Then you'll have to add in the other brands to make a spread sheet. I've done the same thing for slighly lower power scopes. Big differences in different brands! Good luck in your search. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Those that know me, know I'm not a big Leupold fan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That said, in the compact, light weight scope game they are very, very good. Few, if any can compare.
Swaro A-line comes to mind as well, if you can live with a 1" tube..sakofan....

Thanks for all the starting places. I can handle a 1 inch tube. Good glass in 1 inch as is good as most 30mm plus lighter. What I can see through my 1 inch 3x9 Zeiss is better than any other scope I've looked in so far.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.