Talley lite weight rings

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by fllefty, Jun 22, 2014.

1. fllefty

fllefty Well-Known Member

Can anyone advise on what height rings ( I know they are a one piece base ring ) for Remington 700 LA bartlien #3 NXS 3.5x15x50. I have NF low rings on a Seekins 20moa rail and would like to lighten rifle and lower scope height . Do not need the extra 20 moa. Anybody have similar setup. thx

2. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

Lefty, simple answer is e-mail Talley with your info and they will reply with the correct answer. Between myself and friends we have 11 sets and purchased on Talley's recommended model #.

3. howco

howco Well-Known Member

+1 on the email. They actually answer the phone if you would like more detail and they just don't let anybody answer. One time I ordered a pair of lightweight s , wrong fit and my fault. Called, gentleman said send them to me, he sent out what I needed which wasnt originally from talley direct.

4. fllefty

Thanks guys-Talley e-mailed they said mediums should be fine. I was hoping lows would fit.

5. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

I have the mediums with a 50 mm objective on a standard magnum contour rem 700 and there is about 3/16" or so between the bell and the barrel. With the scope cover on, there is less than an 1/8". I would guess that the lows might work but it would be close and you couldn't fit the covers on.

6. fllefty

Jrock thanks- that's what I wanted to hear.

7. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

Double checked it last night and the narrowest space between the scope and the barrel is more like an 1/8" not 3/16", FYI.

8. cummins cowboy

cummins cowboy Well-Known Member

go with what fits you best when you bring up the gun not what looks the best just looking at the gun.

9. CPGfan

CPGfan Well-Known Member

If you go with lows and the NF, you will find you have less than desirable bolt clearance

10. fllefty

Cpgfan good point. Cummlns cowboy that was my point I have a sporter stock and I want to line up when I throw rifle to shoulder. Not interested in looks. Thanks to all I will be ordering med.

11. motown

motown Well-Known Member

Im running a set of LOW's on my tikka t3 and with a zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 I still have a little bit of room. Low rings might work but mediums will definitely not be an issue.

12. tiggre

tiggre Member

I bought the x-low, low and medium to my magnum 700. Ended up with medium in the end since the bolthandle did not open with the low (swarovski z5 3,5-18x44).