Md Black Bear Hunting

BLASERMAN

I dew a Md Black bear License. Anyone know a good place to hunt in
Western Md . Where can I find out about black bear hunting Md.

There was a set of bear tracks in the snow last winter up on Sideling Hill WMA. It was the first set I of tracks I have seen in 25 years of hunting the Green Ridge State Forest. I talked to the Green Ridge HQ staff one day and they said the bears were mostly further west but more and more were showing up in Green Ridge.

There are a few sections of public land on Backbone Mountain in Garrett, just east of Turkey Rock and Eagle Rock, that might be worth a look. Real rough in there with piles of boulders and ice damaged trees down everywhere. I hunt some private property around there and cut bear tracks every time I hunt it . . . mostly heading down into the public area.

Not tracking recent changes in the bear law, but private property used to be required . . .

I've seen two smallish bears in Green Ridge in the last ten years or so, one on Town Hill, just south of Mertins, the other down near Highway 51 where Keefer & Purslane come together.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts