1. lidsplitter

lidsplitter Active Member

Got this fellow last sunday here in kentucky. He & two buddy's came in to some female invitational howls. This was my first coyote with my new savage predator max1 in 243. [​IMG]
    here's his pelt with a 500 watt light shining on it after I cased him out[​IMG]

2. jimbo300

jimbo300 Well-Known Member

That is a nice looking yote. I shot the one below several years ago. This is the only one I have seen personally, it was a young female.
    [​IMG]

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Awesome yote!! I shot a balck one in Iowa once. He had brindle legs too. I had him done in a full body mount. Whats the plans for yours?

Jeff

4. mcseal2

mcseal2 Well-Known Member

Great coyote!

I shot one several years ago. I hit him low and opened his belly with my 7 mag at 565yds, and he ran over the hill. After a pretty good chase I got within 50yds and finished him with my 22 mag. I was really excited, until I got up to him and saw the mange on his belly. I ended up having to ditch him. There have been 3 taken from that area, must have crossed with a dog somewhere along the way.

5. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

Nice Coyote...not to many black ones around these parts..Only ever seen one

6. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Very cool, I've handled and trapped a lot of coyotes and have never gotten a black faze coyote, very cool!!

7. tt35

tt35 Well-Known Member

Really nice coyote! I've only ever seen one black phase coyote and I didn't get an opportunity for a shot. Love to get one of those. Congratulations!

8. DocHolladay

DocHolladay Well-Known Member

Nice kill. I have seen a few from my area that people have shot and I have only seen one in the wild and that was in town one evening. An old high school friend of mine is a taxidermist and has a black mount that he carries with him to shows. It is beautiful.

9. Mark Brendemuehl

Mark Brendemuehl Active Member

Nice yote. I have never seen one black like that, live. My neighbor down the street got a double this week, one "normal" looking one, and one black as coal. It was a pretty impressive critter.
    I rarely see the really light or really dark ones myself. I finally shot a very light colored one this year, and the hide wasn't salvageable due to bullet holes. Ugh! I don't have the luck I guess.
    Congrats- I hope he ends up a rug. Shame to let a unique one like that go away.
    Mark

10. 264junkie

264junkie Well-Known Member

I've got pics of a black woodchuck somewhere but I've never seen a black yote'. Good job.

11. coyotemaster

coyotemaster Active Member

Unusual color phase, congrats. I have only found one that black and at the time he was smarter than I was. I have seen two that were a cinnamin color and managed to take one of them. The .243 is definitely bad news for yotes.

12. ubettcha13

ubettcha13 Well-Known Member

11yrs of trapping with 30 yrs of shooting never saw a black one. That is very cool. I've seen reds, cinnamon and silvers with silver being most sought after for me.

13. EFR

EFR Well-Known Member

I saw my first black one bowhunting last year. Black with what appeared to be frosting (or light undercoat). Really pretty.

14. mustang58

mustang58 Well-Known Member

Wonder if there is some domestic dog in the background somewhere? I have never seen one that dark. Have seen several that were light even near white. Saw two killed by gov. that were yellow; no dark hair at all. This one is really different. Nice trophy.