Reccommendation for a Bear Hunt Outfitter?

nyati1

Official LRH Sponsor
I have been looking for a good, honest Black Bear Hunt. Have been on two hunts, no success.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a rock solid honest guide/outfitter ?

JD

Absolutely,,,,

Moe Hart
Bear Ledge Kennels and Guide Service
Sumner, Maine
1-207-674-5047
1-207-281-2518 Moe's cell
Web Site Unavailable

I had an incredible hunt with Moe this past fall. In camp was myself, a wonderful lady (Joella Bates) and another fella from Reno, Nevada(Johnny Howell) Johnny is a former bull rider and is partially paralyzed as a result of an accident. I have a prosthetic left leg and brain cancer. Moe made sure all of us had the opportunity we wanted. Every night for a week, Moe would pack Johnny on his back and carry him to his stand/ground blind. We/I (i shouldn't speak for Joella and Johnny) had the time of my life.

The very first night I saw a big black bear but didn't shoot it. The bear was so close I could see the red and brown and black colors in his coat. Great experience and I completely reccommend Moe Hart and Bear Ledge Kennels in Sumner Maine.

Mike Alford

Last edited:
Interested in coming up to Alberta?

If you're interested in travelling up here I'd highly recommend Garrett Brothers Outfitting.

These guys are good friends of mine and they have great success on bears! You'd have a great hunt. In 2007 they had 42 hunters harvest 53 bears, so success is pretty good!

Check out their website (Garrett Bros. Outfitting) and contact them if you want more information. Real good group of guys.

Cheers.

Black Bear huntiong at its best..

Lowell and Shawnell Davis, d/b/a Alpinre outiftters out of Grand Prarrie Alberta are as good as they get. They run bear camps in unit 528 just east of Peace River. Have personally hunted with and know them personally for over 10 years. They run an absolutley superb camp. They have a web sight under Alpine Outfitters.

Rustystud

Oregon Bear Hunt

I second the recommendation from bigcat hunter. If you are looking for a lower 48 hunt, looking for long range "opportunity" (it's not required by any means), color phased bears, lower cost. Go with

Southern Oregon Outfitters
– Oregon Outfitter and guide for hunting Trophy Black Bear, Hound hunting Bobcat, as well as hunts and trips for Columbian Whitetail Deer, Blacktail Deer, Roosevelt Elk, Spring Turkey, and Salmon / Steelhead fishing.

This is NOT a bait hunt. Spot and Stalk/Shoot :)

check out Finlay River Outfitters out of McKenzie British Colombia.

Jordy McAuley is his name and his cell number is 780-835-0385.

You can't find a better outfitter who will work harder.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.