McMillan stock

jimbires

McMillan rifle stocks at the LRH Store, READY TO SHIP. Large selection of McMillan stock.

I just bought a used mark V 300 weatherby . this will be my first project . it is in a crappy foam / synthetic stock . the fit is very poor , about .145 clearance around the recoil lug . I would like to upgrade to a McMillan hunting stock . where are you guys buying from , and about how long is the wait ? or would you recommend another brand ? Bell and Carlson any good ? thanks for the help . Jim

I was leaning towards the McMillan because they say the stock can be opened up to most any size barrel . Bell and Carlson sell according to barrel contour . I think a barrel upgrade is in the near future .

Last edited by a moderator:
You can order a stock directly from McMillan.

You'll be looking at a minimum of about six months to get one though. I just talked to Dick Davis less than two weeks ago and they are way backed up right now for some reason.

There are a few other companies out there making stocks. There's a new one but I can't think of the name right now. I'll try and dig it up. They are alleged to be pretty good and much faster on delivery.

Good luck.

C

I was hoping long range had a sponsor that stocked McMillan . if you think of the name let me know . thanks for the help , it's appreciated .
I also want to say beautiful bedding work , on your rifle . Jim

Jim--check out Mcmillan's site under "specials" they may have one that will work without the wait. You might also check Manners, not sure if they inlet for Weatherby. Any interest in a laminate? I think there is a guy on here who makes decent laminate stocks, and I think he lives in PA!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.