Mcmillan stock bedding

dsharpe1

Anyone have experience with mcmillan stocks and not bed the action> It says on their website you don't need to, so I was just wondering.

It says on their website you don't need to,

What would you expect them to tell customers? That their product is flawed and needs some outside fix to make them perform properly?

I have never shot a McMillan stock without first bedding it. While their inletting was always pretty good, it always required bedding to make it better. Unfortunately there are as many opinions about performing the bedding process as there are those that perform the bedding. Everyone has their own secret added to make the process better than other folks. Bedding and pillars combine to provide the action matching shape to allow for a STRESS-FREE barreled action in your stock.

The same applies to the manufacturers using the aluminum bedding blocks. Sure you can get away with no bedding and maybe your groups will be satisfactory for you. But reality is that the shape of the machined surfaces and the shape of the actions rarely if ever match up exactly and most importantly, STRESS-FREE.

Enjoy!

:)

I had sable's opinion…but I tried it, now I'm not so sure anymore. The reason why I'm not so sure, I don't look at one stock as a trend or pattern…but I'll try others. Oh and once I'm through load development, I'll bed this one that shoots good…just because I prefer them to be bedded and I am not paying someone to do it.

Last 3 I've bought have not been bedded. Yesterday shot 3 groups under .5 moa with them. Some of course do benefit from bedding.