Mayfield, KY Needs Help

Muddyboots

The devastation of Mayfield is beyond comprehension and the loss of life is staggering. They need all of our prayers and if we can contribute to organizations that are at ground zero. This is one of those moments where we need to out aside any differences and reach out to these folks. I am exploring which ones but Red Cross is certainly one to consider.

Post up if you know of specific ones that have boots on ground.

God bless to survivors and prayers to those who lost love ones.

The devastation of Mayfield is beyond comprehension and the loss of life is staggering. They need all of our prayers and if we can contribute to organizations that are at ground zero. This is one of those moments where we need to out aside any differences and reach out to these folks. I am exploring which ones but Red Cross is certainly one to consider.

Praying for Mayfield. Keep us posted on groups on the job there.

Plain Compassion is one that is organizing.

Plain Compassion Crisis Response
Tornado Damage in Mayfield, KY

We just got word of what may have been a record-breaking tornado that destroyed Mayfield, KY. Warehouses, a hospital and a prison collapsed, with people trapped inside. People are missing and there is massive damage to the entire area.

We are putting together a team to go in and provide emergency relief and to bridge the gap between the needs of the community and the organizations working to meet those needs.

Pray for the people that got hit by the storms and for our team, that we would be able to impact lives and bring hope into this devastated town and surrounding areas.

Contact Information:
Fund through link above or send checks to:
PO Box 356, Honeybrook, PA, 19334
Email- [email protected]
Phone- (717)-833-4727

My mother lives in Mayfield and is only 1/4 mile down the road from the candle factory that was decimated there. She is okay, but tragically there were a lot of lives lost at that factory. She sent me a short video taken with her phone and the term 'war zone' doesn't even do it justice. That town is hurting, folks. Awful, Awful, Awful….😕

Plain Compassion is one that is organizing.

Tornado Damage in Mayfield, KY

We just got word of what may have been a record-breaking tornado that destroyed Mayfield, KY. Warehouses, a hospital and a prison collapsed, with people trapped inside. People are missing and there is massive damage to the entire area.

We are putting together a team to go in and provide emergency relief and to bridge the gap between the needs of the community and the organizations working to meet those needs.

Pray for the people that got hit by the storms and for our team, that we would be able to impact lives and bring hope into this devastated town and surrounding areas.

Contact Information:
Fund through link above or send checks to:
PO Box 356, Honeybrook, PA, 19334
Email- [email protected]
Phone- (717)-833-4727
I had not heard of this group. They do have an excellent rating per Charity Navigator :

Thanks for posting and prayers from here in NC to the many affected by this damaging storm. May God meet each need, give comfort, hope and peace to the many communities affected.

Deputy819 I was wondering if you and yours was ok .
Thanks brother! No tornadoes touched down here in Frankfort, but it sure seemed like a dang hurricane that morning. I just got off the phone with my Mom who lives in Mayfield. She said nearly the entire town is completely destroyed. No power or water there. The few stores that weren't destroyed are closed…same for gas stations, banks, etc. Schools have been "called off" indefinitely. She's gonna come up and stay with us until they get some utilities in operation again there. My heart really goes out to those folks down there. I can't imagine what they're going through. Gut wrenching. 😕

Just wanted to provide a short update to this thread…My mother has been keeping me informed of the outpouring of help to the Mayfield community. Food trucks have been there steadily handing out free food in the form of pizzas, sandwiches, etc…heck, even a Jimmy Dean Tractor Trailer was there handing out free slicing hams, bacon, sausage and chicken breasts. There's been a 'Tide' 18-wheeler there set up for washing people's clothes for free and the local Lowe's (powered back up with generators) has showers, etc. set up where people can go get cleaned up and also do their laundry there for free if needs be.
My Sheriffs Office has been accepting donations for the tornado victims there and the response has been overwhelming. I've volunteered to load up a Tahoe (and probably a trailer as well) and take that stuff down there to those folks within the next couple of days.

Pursuant to thread title…..headed to Mayfield to lend a hand.
CD0ECDC6-51C5-4999-8B84-AE8115380BFC.jpeg

Yep, for sure, it is crazy, just and insane amount of death and damage, eye opening!