March 2 1/2-25X52

I use the MTR-3. Given its a 2nd focal plane it subtends at 20X at 2MOA graduations and 4MOA at 10x, both power levels marked in red on the power ring. Clean and simple with a reticle fine enough for the long shots.
8DBEC089-D257-4EFE-AFDA-FEAD6DC32D37.jpeg

Before you spend your money for it, do yourself a favour and play with some of this 2,5-25x52 scopes if you can live with its paralax setting. For me it was a no go. Too finicky for a hunting scope (and I lost some money because of it when I sold it). Smaller version 2,5-25x42 is significantly less sensitive to it.

Before you spend your money for it, do yourself a favour and play with some of this 2,5-25x52 scopes if you can live with its paralax setting. For me it was a no go. Too finicky for a hunting scope (and I lost some money because of it when I sold it). Smaller version 2,5-25x42 is significantly less sensitive to it.
I personally prefer the faster ratio parallax adjustment for hunting. The design, unlike so many scopes, is synchronized to be parallax free when focused. March does offer a ring adapter that easily fits over the knob that will lower the ratio for those that desire a lower ratio.

I personally prefer the faster ratio parallax adjustment for hunting. The design, unlike so many scopes, is synchronized to be parallax free when focused. March does offer a ring adapter that easily fits over the knob that will lower the ratio for those that desire a lower ratio.

Thanks for the added info, Greyfox.

20190613_173628.jpg In my case it was incl. small paralax ring. It is very personal, thats why I recommend to get personal experience first. To me it was not acceptable.

Last edited:
I have the 2.5-25x42 with FML-1 reticle. FFP with a nice fine dot in the open center. they made it more of a hunting reticle, so even at minimum power the thicker sides draw teh eye in and you can still make out the center in normal conditions. FFP keeps you from guessing as to the sub tensions. I really like it for the feature set and weight. The parallax isn't an issue when you're used to using this scope, it's just another item on the ready to shoot checklist. after 100yds or so the parallax is very easy to adjust and it's very fast ratio.

I prefer the FFP MOA but like my SFP MOA as well. I agree with Greyfox. The the scope is in focus when parallax free and too many other scopes struggle in this department. They are very underrated scopes.

i didn't like the finicky parallax at first but now, as others have said, i think it works very well. what most people don't understand is the eyepiece has to be adjusted correctly or you'll never get all the parallax out. the other part of this is the parallax and focus will not be aligned with each other if the eyepiece isn't adjusted correctly.
and for the record, i love the MTR-3 reticle!

I really like my 3-24x42 fma-1 reticle. 1/4 moa dot is very precise for long range and target work. The zero stop is idiot bomb proof. They have no shift of poi from dialing or big Magnum recoil. Now that I've got stocks with higher cheek pieces, my eyes naturally line up with center of ocular eliminating a lot of the small eyebox issues. I read the 52mm obj scopes are less sensitive. I wanted to get one, but now they're no longer available until another importer gets lined up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.