Lumber prices

It was 70 dollars for 4x4x10 for deer stand legs luckily I had all the other lumber I needed. No telling what a deer stand would cost

3BA132A6-1822-44BF-AEB8-46CDF283B698.jpeg
Yes I am living the nightmare I just started building a house approximately a month ago my framing package went from $9000-$18,000 after considerable shopping around I got it down to 15,000 and paid for it immediately to lock it in even though I did not need it yet I've been told it's due to demand of course with all the weather and hurricanes we've had in Texas Florida Louisiana and many housesBeing destroyed Another word for it is price gouging

Last edited:
We are building a house in WY at this time. Contracted the price up front... fortunately. Builder told me last week that the trusses/frame on a previous almost identical build were $9K in June. Said ours was $27K. Feel bad for him, but glad we contracted a final price.

Cool name Dude ! Incognito ! Yes, lumber price's are skyrocketing, yet timber price's are still down. We are getting s*+^#** on both ends. This has been going on for a while now. Best wishes with the house build.
Not incognito just being consistent across several forums there is a thread sometime ago here that said people hide behind their names and posts and use anonymity so several people use their actual name like myself but just decided to go back to my handle that I use on two other forums

Not incognito just being consistent across several forums there is a thread sometime ago here that said people hide behind their names and posts and use anonymity so several people use their actual name like myself but just decided to go back to my handle that I use on two other forums
Bill, I was kidding you, hope you are not offended. I figured you just felt it was time for a change.
Noticed your pic above for the house build , keep us informed. Be safe be well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.