Ancient Component Prices

Muddyboots

So some have posted up some crazy prices from yesteryear. I think it would really cool to see some prices that would be ridiculous in todays pricing.

So lets see some of those prices that make us cry today!
786011CA-C510-41D8-AAA5-9E0EEC79AEFE.jpeg

I can't compare on components but back in the early 2000s living in Northern California I shot gobs of ducks and geese in rice. I'd go through 2-4 cases of 3" #1,2, or 3 a year by myself. One day in April or something close I wandered into Walmart. They had all of their waterfowl shells on crazy close out deals. Black cloud for 7-8 bucks a box, Winchester and federal 3" stuff for 5 bucks a box. I bought it all. It took 2.5 shopping carts and filled most of the bed in my f250. I can't remember what I spent but I think it was in 700 dollar range. The looks as I walked up to the register with 2.5 shipping carts full of ammo. LOL! I Shot on that ammo for almost 4 years.

I can't compare on components but back in the early 2000s living in Northern California I shot gobs of ducks and geese in rice. I'd go through 2-4 cases of 3" #1,2, or 3 a year by myself. One day in April or something close I wandered into Walmart. They had all of their waterfowl shells on crazy close out deals. Black cloud for 7-8 bucks a box, Winchester and federal 3" stuff for 5 bucks a box. I bought it all. It took 2.5 shopping carts and filled most of the bed in my f250. I can't remember what I spent but I think it was in 700 dollar range. The looks as I walked up to the register with 2.5 shipping carts full of ammo. LOL! I Shot on that ammo for almost 4 years.
I had a similar experience as a young kid when they stopped using paper cartridges and went mostly to plastic my father knew the sporting-goods manager at our local Kmart and we got boxes of paper shells for nearly nothing we shot those for many years