LR Scope on a budget

There's nothing wrong with the scope you proposed. If that's what's got your attention then go for it!

To all of you guys who have responded to my request of optics suggestions; I'm very grateful for your informed opinions. After considering all input from everyone,I've decided to go with the Leupold VX-6. 3x18x50mm with the Firedot Wind Plex reticle. It's on order along with a Niteforce 20 moa picananny base, Nightforce Ultralite rings, and a Niteforce Level ring cap, Timney 1 1/2 to 4 lb. Trigger and last but but not least; a Remington 700 Sender 300 Win. mag. My total budget for this project was $3500. My total for all the above is $3459. Will post again as things progress.

To all of you guys who have responded to my request of optics suggestions; I'm very grateful for your informed opinions. After considering all input from everyone,I've decided to go with the Leupold VX-6. 3x18x50mm with the Firedot Wind Plex reticle. It's on order along with a Niteforce 20 moa picananny base, Nightforce Ultralite rings, and a Niteforce Level ring cap, Timney 1 1/2 to 4 lb. Trigger and last but but not least; a Remington 700 Sender 300 Win. mag. My total budget for this project was $3500. My total for all the above is $3459. Will post again as things progress.

Sorry, probably not what you want to hear but for that kind of budget ($2300 in components and $1200 in scope), I'd go full custom (or at least semi custom - my .270 AI budget build was under $1000 for the whole rifle including the gunsmith's fees) and pick my own complimentary components ... but that's just me. Cheers!

Good luck!

Nobody has recommended SWFA Super Sniper scopes? They are raved about on other sites.lightbulb

Take care,Willie

Hi folks. Please bear with me as this is my first ever post anywhere. Am in the process of getting everything needed to put a poor man's LR rifle together (1000 yds. Max). The rifle it s a Remington 700 Sindero in 300 Win. Mag with Jewel trigger. I have a very strict $1500 bubget for a scope to top it with. Am considering a Leupold VX 6 3x18x50mm with aCDS custom turret. Before I order a scope I really need some input, thoughts and experienced advice. am not dead set on any scope though until I can get time opinions from some of you experts. "Thanks" folks for any and all input.

Check out the Horus Vision Falcon. I have one and love it. Horus Vision

I have a 5x20x50 SS.Real good glass the low end I like better than my Mark 4 6.5x20x50,nice turrets,put a throw ring on variable as stiff when cold.Like that it is higher rev turret than my Leo but can get that now I believe

Sightron SIII 8-32 with a MOA-2 reticle.
Save yourself $5-600 and have every bit as good of glass as Nightforce and very precise turret adjustments.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.