Best scope on a budget

6pakzak

Looking to see what you guys think is the best scope under 200.00 that at least has 9 power, I would have picked Nikon but they don't make them anymore so I would pick the Burris full field 2, 4.5x14x42 which I have on my 223 bolt action, has good clarity, very good and I've felt no need to put a better scope on the rifle cause it's been great and you can get one for around 175.00 but have you had some great scopes under 200.

Hmmm No and it sounds like you have just answered your own question.
So your saying there's pretty much nothing in that price range, I'm only going by what I tried and want to see if there's some other options out there, would like to get something that gets the job done on 300 blackout for deer hunting

So your saying there's pretty much nothing in that price range, I'm only going by what I tried and want to see if there's some other options out there, would like to get something that gets the job done on 300 blackout for deer hunting
I was a big fan of Nikon back In the day too but nothing in that price range now.

If you could up it 100$ primary arms makes a decent lpvo with illumination that has a 300 BO bdc reticle.
Like 289$ or so..

Looking to see what you guys think is the best scope under 200.00 that at least has 9 power, I would have picked Nikon but they don't make them anymore so I would pick the Burris full field 2, 4.5x14x42 which I have on my 223 bolt action, has good clarity, very good and I've felt no need to put a better scope on the rifle cause it's been great and you can get one for around 175.00 but have you had some great scopes under 200.
I'm really sorry but the only way you're going to find a decent quality scope in that price range at all is probably going to be by looking at older used Redfield, Weaver, maybe even Leupold VX and VX II scopes in pawn shops or on ebay.

My personal best advice is to be patient and save a little each month until you can afford some really decent glass.

Otherwise honestly you're just buying trouble that inevitably you will have to replace later down the road with a much more or at least multiple times with ever more expensive scopes until you finally get something you're really happy with.

Partner I have been where your at.
No money and needed a scope.Back then I bought a Weaver fixed power 4x40 for $85.00 but that was a long time ago.
Back in the middle 70's I bought a Bushnell Banner and sighted it in on a 243 and it only lasted a few days.
In 2020 I bought a Ruger Predator rifle in 223 and it came with a Vortex scope on it so I was going to take it off and put a better scope on but it has performed so well I will not take it off until it breaks.I think the model is Copper Head.Cheap but works.Just a thought

Look for a good deal on a used Leupold VXII, VX2, VXIII. Then if successful, contact Leupold and ask them to check it out. This will involve getting a warranty service number. Leupold will go thru the scope, replace any worn parts (springs & O rings), clean & reseal. This will take about 1 month. I would avoid buying certain scopes that require original purchase ownership like production of a receipt. Leupold is not perfect but is a reliable deal. I have a bunch of Leupold scopes & occasionally send some of them back when they quit working.

The lower price Burris scopes are OK and Burris stands by their warranty. If they can't fix it or the scope is obsolete Burris will ship a new scope of approximate value - no receipt required. Their FFII 3-9X40 is OK and about $200 or so. I have no experience with lower price Burris scopes.

Scopes are usually marked up lots & buying a used one with a no receipt required warranty will save money. Under $200 is a challenge but not impossible. Shooting is an expensive sport, best to acquire stuff that will hold value then trade up when conditions allow.

I'm really sorry but the only way you're going to find a decent quality scope in that price range at all is probably going to be by looking at older used Redfield, Weaver, maybe even Leupold VX and VX II scopes in pawn shops or on ebay.

My personal best advice is to be patient and save a little each month until you can afford some really decent glass.

Otherwise honestly you're just buying trouble that inevitably you will have to replace later down the road with a much more or at least multiple times with ever more expensive scopes until you finally get something you're really happy with.

Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm - Ballistic Plex Reticle on sale for only $144.99
Positive, steel-on-steel click adjustment ensures repeatable settings for accuracy, on the range and in the field.
  • Popular and premium traditional hunting riflescope at an affordable price
  • High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability
  • Quality, precision-ground lenses are larger than those of comparable scopes, for better light collection
  • Index-matched, Hi-Lume® multicoating aids in low-light performance and glare elimination, increasing your success rate
  • Durable, integrated-eyepiece design has no-slip grip for easy adjustment in the field
  • Positive steel-on-steel adjustments assure repeated accuracy
  • Waterproof
  • Nitrogen-filled scope tubes prevent fogging, even in cold and rain
  • Durable, stress-free, solid 1-piece outer tube withstands shock and vibrations of even the heaviest-recoiling calibers
  • 1-in. body tube

Natchezzs has scope sales almost weekly. I've dealt with them several times & they have always been "top shelf" to me.