Best rangefinder on a budget?

Tyler Kemp

As most of you guys know, I'm about broke. Are there any rangefinders that can read white targets, metal gongs, rocks, etc., out to 1000 yards that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I currently have a Yardage Pro that is really tempermental, in SD, during the middle of the day under the sun, it was reading white objects to the high 900s, but then a week or two ago it couldn't read white metal targets at 300-450 yards.

If anyone has a used rangefinder at a reasonable price, feel free to PM me, I have some stuff I could trade, a 20 gauge Benelli Nova, Marlin Model 60, some other 22s, high dollar 22 ammo, 45-70 leverevolution, the rangefinder I have now, maybe some more stuff. The Bushnell Elite 1500 looks nice, as the does Monarch 1200. Newcons do too, just never see them.

If you decide you want to go brand new and your budget allows, CameraLand in New York has a special on the Leica LRF 1200 laser rangefinder.

They are $429.00 + $20.00 shipping to Canada.

Out of all the reviews I have read, the Leicas (LRF & CRF 1200s are rated second behind the new Swarovski (which is $889.00)...............The leicas also have the tightest laser beam dispersion..................

I just order the Leica last week and am awaitng it's arrival.....

SKBY.