Budget LR Scope

dangaff

Looking at a decent scope for varminting/long range.

MAX: $1200

Looking at the Trijicon's and Zeiss Conquest's, I heard Sightron's are very good but i don't like there reticle choice.

Suggestions welcome

Thank you

A sydney gunshop has a special on NF br 3.5-15x56 for about $1100 at the moment or the same in NSX series for $1500 if you wanna stretch the budget.I like the meopta R1 4-16x44 i think they are really nice scopes for the money, not a heap of adjustment but add a 20 moa base and your sweet.

Try to find a used NF or Mark 4. Should be able to keep it under that. Might take a look @ IOR as well. If the Vortex PST scopes would hurry up this would be easy.

I would have to politely, but whole heartily, disagree with the Mark 4. While the reticles and range of adjustment are impressive, the glass is not any better then the old VX-III....but for a lot more money. There are much better options out there from Sightron, Zeiss, and Bushnell that beat the Mark 4, glass wise.

In your price range the Sightron SIII series is probably the best overlooked value of the market right now. Grab one before they figure out what they got and raise the price.

Another one that is a great buy that people are starting to notice are the Clearidge scopes. The Ultra XP5 is a great scope that has been compared to the Nightforce NXS for a faction of the cost. A few members on LR have purchased them and have been pleasently surprised.

Take a look at the Vortex Viper PST FFP scopes. Might be able to get one in the end of this month or September. Once you see the reticule zoom in and out with your target you will love it especially at half the price of a FFP Leupold.

joseph

If you can stretch the budget I'd go with an NF NSX 3.5-15x56mm @ $1483.

I would strongly recommend the Nightforce. The Zeiss and the Trijicon Accupoint are also really nice scope for the price. I would also recommend looking at Leupold. If you would be willing to pay a little more the Nightforce would be the way to go. For varminting the Nightforce NPR1 would be a really nice reticle to use nice and thin, in MOA, and Nightforce has been one of the most reliable scopes on the Market.

Mike @ CS TACTICAL.com

hi, Zeiss seemed to be the name to have now, the guys i know have moved from NF and Leup over to the big Z . So, they have got to be GOODlightbulb

Thanks guys

One thing i like about the Clearidge Ultra XP5's is the range of magnification, like the NXS except i don't think i can justify it.

It will also be used for spotlighting which is why i may need less than 6x zoom on the bottom end

Thanks again

Thanks guys

One thing i like about the Clearidge Ultra XP5's is the range of magnification, like the NXS except i don't think i can justify it.

It will also be used for spotlighting which is why i may need less than 6x zoom on the bottom end

Thanks again
Dangaff,
I own a few of the scopes mentioned
My two Nightforce scopes are great and very hard to beat, but down here in Aus. they are very expensive.
I bought a Clearidge mail order, off the sponsor "Theopticzone" and mounted it on a .338WM and am very impressed with it. Dropped it on a rock this week and knocked some paint off it but it still works just fine. Clicks are 8% out.

I also bought a Bushnell 6500 scope off "theopticzone" and mounted it on a 7mmRM, it is also great. Clicks are also about 8% out so they might share internal components? Both these brands will do for spotlighting ferrals and save you quite a bit if you get it mail order from the sponsor.

I will be getting another Bushnell of theopticzone soon so maybe they will give us a special LRH forum deal?????:D:D How about it Mr Zone.

Topshot,

Thanks for that

Join over at AHN aswell, we could organise a group buy, I'm from Victoria!.

I wont be buying till November so i have heaps of time but if your going to be getting your Bushnell at the same time well i'm willing to share shipping cost and try get a deal together

TOZ is also a AHN sponsor

Yeah i've heard good things - bang for your buck with these clearidge scopes.

I'm pretty set on it

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.