Looking for a new press

Ryeguy

Need to upgrade my old Hornady L-n-L single stage press.. Reloading for precision rifle, 2-3 calibers, 100-200 rds each, a yr as of now. Top choices so far..

Redding T7 w/ creedmoore sports head.
Forster Co-ax, if they ever come back in stock
Dillion 550
SAC Nexus (when it comes out)
Anyone have any insight on either of these? Pros and Cons? Or another option to look at? Zero press is outta my price range..
Thanks

I just bought a co-ax on eBay, new in the box under msrp. Haven't used it yet but it's a co-ax and don't foresee any surprises.

The Forster is out there, right before I bought one on eBay I had signed up for an in stock notification on midway and it was less than two weeks before I got an email saying it was available.

Need to upgrade my old Hornady L-n-L single stage press.. Reloading for precision rifle, 2-3 calibers, 100-200 rds each, a yr as of now. Top choices so far..

Dillion 550
Anyone have any insight on either of these? Pros and Cons? Or another option to look at? Zero press is outta my price range..
Thanks
T7 is my next press, I will set up a turret for each caliber

Nexus ships next month…if you got your order in. If you're not gonna wait for the Nexxus and you're reloading for Precision and accuracy with Rifle cartridges, I would get a coax or a T7.
I have both, and I find myself using the coax more often, but I am looking forward to the Nexus, in which case I would sell my coax

I have the Frankford chinesium ripoff of the coax and that's still capable of immense consistency despite the gross things they had to do to make the price point. I can see wanting a turret, super slick idea, but having quick-change floating dies is where it's at for me personally. I love being able to pop the dies out to clean them or do something I forgot. The footprint is also great, as is the shell plate. I need to replace my cheapo eventually and I see nothing in the other ones that makes me inclined to second guess the forster. My buddy who used to compete says I'm exceeding anything he could make, I think a lot of that comes down to the Forster concepts in the knockoff press. The others are probably great, just my take.

I'd seriously consider the 550 depending on what you're loading and the powder you're using. I really like mine and load 223 and 6.5 Grendel on it. I don't have much issue with that except the brass prep. I figure once I get a 6 Dasher built I'll be getting a tool head for that to see how it goes. I don't typically shoot enough on my bolt guns to make it worth it though. The one thing is that I'd have to size, clean, trim, all of that then run it in the Dillon. I don't see the need to run it in the Dillon at that point because it's all just primer, powder, and seat. Not too much work on a single stage. If I got a new single stage it'd be a Co-Ax, if I got a turret it'd be the Zero.

Last edited:
I just bought a co-ax on eBay, new in the box under msrp. Haven't used it yet but it's a co-ax and don't foresee any surprises.

The Forster is out there, right before I bought one on eBay I had signed up for an in stock notification on midway and it was less than two weeks before I got an email saying it was available.
Yeah i haven't signed up for any notification but it seems like the past month I check around on the top sites and no stock.
Nexus ships next month…if you got your order in. If you're not gonna wait for the Nexxus and you're reloading for Precision and accuracy with Rifle cartridges, I would get a coax or a T7.
I have both, and I find myself using the coax more often, but I am looking forward to the Nexus, in which case I would sell my coax
Yeah that thing looks slick… Anything that dude makes is great. I wonder how long it will take for him to catch up with orders already placed.

Dillion 550
Thanks
Are you only reloading one caliber? If so, what caliber? What powder are you using?

I'm asking because this will help with my answer.