longrange target.

View attachment 28654 picture of the rifle before scope.
Nice rig. At these velocities you should have very good barrel life. What make barrel have you got in it?

Is it 6mm Rem? I've been thinking hard on one mainly for my wife actually. She's a petite squirt and a little six with a magnum sporter/med varmint barrel and youth stock would be quite the ticket I think in a 6mm Rem for her to shoot hogs and varmints when I m away.

Thank you WildRose. I dont get much free time but when I do all I wanna do is go shoot.
Yah, Len should post a warning for everyone the first time they come to the sight, "Warning, Long Range Hunting and Shooting are Addictive", and of course nothing makes the addiction more pronounced than one's first real successes.

WildRose its a 243 case thats been fireformed .to I think a 31degree shoulder .and I just shoot the 6mm vld hunting bullets.

WildRose its a 243 case thats been fireformed .to I think a 31degree shoulder .and I just shoot the 6mm vld hunting bullets.
So probably almost the same case volume as the 6mm Rem.

It's not like I don't have enough rifles LOL but my wife is a little thing and if I cut anything I have off enough for her to use it and we end up sharing it I'm going to be suffering scope bite regularly and the 6mm is a really nice little cartridge for a petite woman or kid. If you put a brake on one it'll kick about like a .204 Ruger.

Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.