Long Range Copper Bullets

How do the people let a state get that bad. I'm a country boy at heart and would move to New York City before I move to California. Well my heart just said no can do on NYC either.
Not only did they screw up California, they are now moving to Arizona and Texas, and trying to push their commie crap there too. Why can't they just stay in California?

25 WSM:
Great theory on California.
Here's mine:
All of you that left here, move back and bring some friends so that more of OUR votes will swamp out the opposition.
All you're doing by moving out of state is concentrating and further solidifying their beliefs.
Of course, I, too, am looking to get out of here...

I never lived there. Been to LA and Anaheim. Too much city for me. When you go to land at LA all you see the last 10 minutes of your flight is city. Anaheim is a really beautiful city and we'll kept. As far as moving to California to bring in more like us is concerned. I can't afford to pay for a house there. I don't know how they can afford to even live there. It's beyond my reach. Maybe it's cheaper in other parts of the state. IDK
Shep

Well, I don't live down THERE! Never would. Beautiful state away from those places.

Just keep rolling with those hammers. Pretty good BC and they thump critters.

Not to hijack your thread but I'm contemplating a move to CA for work how's the hunting on public lands?

Not to hijack your thread but I'm contemplating a move to CA for work how's the hunting on public lands?

Lots of public land
Most of it is at higher elevations. National Forest land, Sierra pacific logging land
Lower elevations are mostly private, pockets of BLM
Anything west/coastal and south is waaay too busy and crowded
Lots of waterfowl if you are into that

Up in the northern part of the state there is some good hog hunting. I live up in the sierra's and the deer hunting is OK, and because you can't use dogs or bait any more for bears, the bear population is huge.
The only reason I'm still here is I'm just a few years away from retirement. Heck, I don't even work in this state. If someone were to ask me for advice regarding California, I would tell them don't do it. The taxes are astronomical, they are trying ban everything guns, and the state is run by lunatics.

As to the OP, Hammers out of my 270wsm fly pretty good. I haven't shot them out to 1000 yet but I can keep them under 1 moa to 500.

Bakersfield area. CA is not really my first choice. Beautiful state but...

Lots of hunting around that area, especially up 395 towards Bishop. A lot of private land too but still a lot of public.

Bakersfield itself is kinda a edited

but very nice mountains close by.

My cousin lives in Tehachapi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.. Hammer bullets are very nice for a monolithic. I have had very good accuracy and terminal performance with them. Gonna try some in a .223 bolt gun for coyote ext. Building a 6.5 with a fast twist for them as we speak. Still love my lead but just trying out new things ext.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.