Long range 8mm bullets?

bmnkbrandon

I've been pondering what my next build will be and I've decided on making a long range 8mm round using 300rum brass necked up to 323 caliber. Upon investigating bullet options, the highest bullet I can find is 220 gr game kings. Is there any better, heavier bullets out there to utilize the full potential of the 8mm caliber? Otherwise the same bullet is available in a 30 cal with better bc and the same weight. This rifle will be a long range hunting rifle mostly but I want the ability to repeatedly hit steel out to 1500 with it as well. I already have a 338 edge and 300 rum so I was wanting to split the difference. Any info on long range bullets would be greatly appreciated!

I've been pondering what my next build will be and I've decided on making a long range 8mm round using 300rum brass necked up to 323 caliber. Upon investigating bullet options, the highest bullet I can find is 220 gr game kings. Is there any better, heavier bullets out there to utilize the full potential of the 8mm caliber? Otherwise the same bullet is available in a 30 cal with better bc and the same weight. This rifle will be a long range hunting rifle mostly but I want the ability to repeatedly hit steel out to 1500 with it as well. I already have a 338 edge and 300 rum so I was wanting to split the difference. Any info on long range bullets would be greatly appreciated!
BMN -

Take a look here..... cutting edge bullets rifle .323" cal

With regards,
357Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.